Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Started HRT, feeling awful. Hope you can talk me down  (Read 2860 times)

Flossieteacake

Re: Started HRT, feeling awful. Hope you can talk me down
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2022, 10:15:05 AM »

What a lovely update Charlie. I am so happy you had a better sleep and you have found a way you can tolerate the Ultrogestan. You sound so positive.  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2022, 01:32:42 PM »

It's not paranoid at all, simply gives U an idea as to what is 'normal' for you.  3 readings a few moments apart B4 you eat each morning for 2-3 weeks should be enough.

Little steps.  Keep posting.

Charliehorse1

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2022, 09:04:09 AM »

Hello again all!

Just thought I'd post a little update, I'm sure there are other newbies like me searching the forums for reassurance , so hopefully it will help someone.

I have continued to take the Utrogestan vaginally and it has made a great difference. I can still feel I'm taking something but the horrible side effects have all but gone. I know it's a marathon not a sprint, so I'm taking each day as it comes but I don't feel ill on the regime at the moment, so I'm very relieved.

A couple of things I have noticed, my boobs are a little bigger. I'm quite Cursed blessed in that department already thank you very much, so I'm hoping it's temporary!

A big big change, is in my mood. As I may have already said, I recently lost my job due to my brain fog, confusion and one little mistake to many. Until that point, I knew something was wrong but tried to battle on, of course increasing my anxiety 10 fold, until I would freeze if someone asked me a question and I couldn't find the correct answer instantly. It was awful. When I eventually lost my job, it made me really look at what was happening to me and decide to seek help.

I noticed yesterday, that the background, constant anxiety wasn't there . I felt calmer. I tried thinking about some of the things which used to make me panic and they just don't seem to have the same charge. It's not even a week of taking HRT and I can feel a change .

I don't know about the brain fog and confusion yet, I still keep finding things in random places (bunch of bananas in the laundry basket!) but I'm hopeful!

I just wanted to let other new people know, to maybe give a bit of encouragement, as the first few days of HRT were very hard for me and I doubted anything would ever help.

One day at a time  :)

Charlie

Flossieteacake

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2022, 11:04:46 AM »

Thank you for the update Charliehorse. It is wonderful to hear taking the ultrogestan vaginally has helped reduce the side effects. My breasts became much bigger taking HRT too. I can understand how annoying that is. What wonderful news to hear your anxiety has improved. I am so happy to hear that. :)

I agree, one day at a time.
Pages: 1 [2]