Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Estroil  (Read 935 times)

losttheplot

Estroil
« on: November 14, 2022, 12:36:31 PM »

Hello all. I have just started estroil cream and have a personal question. How would you describe the discharge, especially early on? The leaflet warns to wear a panty liner, so I was expecting some discharge but not this yellow mess  :o

I tried estroil donkeys years ago but couldn't tolerate the burning, this time I researched on here and saw a suggestion to use a vaginal moisturiser at the same time. I have started off using small amounts of estroil together with balance activ, in the hope that I can build up the amount over a couple of weeks. Im on day 4, last night i increased the amount to about a 2 cm of cream in the dispenser and it burned! Today I have this discharge.
I am currently being investigated for pelvic pain, waiting for a scan to check my ovaries. No discharge before starting estroil. Last period was 16 yrs ago. Thank you ladies.

Flossieteacake

Re: Estroil
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2022, 01:36:27 PM »

Do you think it is the increase in the estoil cream that caused the burning or could it be the balance acti? I have not used balance acti before. I use Yes or Sylk. I wonder if your skin is so raw that anything is hurting right now. I think it can take time for the estroil not to sting. I really am sorry you are in such pain.

losttheplot

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2022, 01:51:48 PM »

Do you think it is the increase in the estoil cream that caused the burning or could it be the balance acti? I have not used balance acti before. I use Yes or Sylk. I wonder if your skin is so raw that anything is hurting right now. I think it can take time for the estroil not to sting. I really am sorry you are in such pain.
Thank you Flossieteacake. I've used balance activ for years as I have reacted ( burn) with everything else I have tried in the past. Its a bit of a nuance. Balance activ really doesn't have much in it, its just a plain moisturiser, but it's kept me comfortable-ish. The only reason I'm using estroil now is the gp thought it would help me not tear when I go for the transvaginal scan. I have a delicate episiotomy scar that tears and my vagina isn't much better   :o
I'm hoping that I'll be able to tolerate the estroil cream after a while without it burning. But the discharge it causes is pretty yuk :o

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2022, 01:55:44 PM »

I see. I really am sorry it is causing you to burn. I do not suppose you could try Ovestin just to see if you get on any better with that?

losttheplot

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2022, 07:51:43 PM »

I see. I really am sorry it is causing you to burn. I do not suppose you could try Ovestin just to see if you get on any better with that?
That might be an option if things don't settle.