Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel user's - how do you apply?  (Read 874 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Oestrogel user's - how do you apply?
« on: November 13, 2022, 10:15:50 AM »

As a user of oestrogel, I’ve always rubbed in after seeing it done on the Balance website/app.

I did 3 pumps split over upper arms and shoulders, rubbed in till it dried. Then same with the 2 pumps over thighs at night.

After reading lots of posts on here, it seems we may all apply differently. Is it one pump per limb? Do you spread and allow to dry or do you rub until it’s gone?

I’m sure there are many different options but is there a way that we may absorb better? Any ideas anyone?

Dotty

Re: Oestrogel user's - how do you apply?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 10:27:25 AM »

I use 4 pumps every morning. I put it on shoulders and outer arms or inner thighs …. 2 pumps on each shoulder or 2 pumps on each thigh.

I just spread it around and rub it in. I think the best advice is not to get too worried about it and just put it on. x

Smokey

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2022, 02:35:35 PM »

It should be applied in one dose ie each morning to get the most benefit.

Im currently on 100 oestrdot patches plus 1 pump of gel.

I watched a tube video of Louise Newson explaining everything about different hrt preparations it was very informative
I can’t remember if it was on the mm site or not. That’s how I knew it was ok to mix patches and gel.

I apply 1 pump split on to arms, you can even rub it on lower arms too if needed, the more it’s spread the quicker it dries and you can get dressed. I think it works wherever you put it but don’t put it too near your breasts.

EllaAurora

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2022, 05:39:21 PM »

As a user of oestrogel, I’ve always rubbed in after seeing it done on the Balance website/app.

I did 3 pumps split over upper arms and shoulders, rubbed in till it dried. Then same with the 2 pumps over thighs at night.

After reading lots of posts on here, it seems we may all apply differently. Is it one pump per limb? Do you spread and allow to dry or do you rub until it’s gone?

I’m sure there are many different options but is there a way that we may absorb better? Any ideas anyone?

Hi! I've also rubbed it in after seeing the video. It worked well until recently when I started feeling that estrogel was no longer having the same effect as before. I have now added a tiny bit more (less than half pump), and changed the way I apply. Stopped rubbing it in and just apply and let it dry. It takes longer to dry obviously but I'm getting a feeling I might be absorbing more this way (at least I've now had couple of days with less symptoms). Its early days so it may of course be just a coincidence.
I'm using close to 4 pumps and apply in inner and outer thighs and lower belly. I know many ladies apply in arms/shoulders but I'm concerned to apply too close to breast area.
Hope you are feeling well. xx

Rosie63

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2022, 07:03:02 PM »

I just apply to upper arm and shoulder, give it a quick rub in and leave to absorb which, for me, takes about 5 mins 👍😊

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2022, 08:20:41 AM »

I wonder if that could be the difference with the green gel, it needs to be spread rather than rubbed.

I started trialling Sandrena which was a total disaster as I started too high. Ended up with adrenaline surges throughout the night and day.

So I’ve gone back to the green gel, and started back off with 2 pumps am and 2 pm.  This has luckily stopped the surges but I’ve got the weepiness instead. At least I do know the weepiness is down to low oestrogen.