Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Clearing out!  (Read 30633 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Clearing out!
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2011, 08:25:45 PM »

That seems sensible to me  ;).

Today I bought a plate with ducks painted on by Sir Peter Scott and signed on the back; a small piece of Siam silver and 2 cups of tea ;-)

coffee mate

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2011, 08:32:40 PM »

Oh bought some Starrett tools from a house clearance [I'd never heard of them] when he checked them out on ebay their selling for between £20 and £80 each tool! He has quite a few of them.
Obviously we will have to do some proper research before we put them in auction.

CLKD

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2011, 08:35:07 PM »

Auction houses in 'real' life have fees - handling, VAT and this is for both buyer and seller  >:( except the people we deal through only charge when an item sells.  Some are catalogue only entry  ::) ........ most can be viewed on-line via the computer. 

purplenanny

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2011, 03:39:23 PM »

Hi two_sore_feet - thanks for info re using Ebay templates for selling, I will check it out as it take me ages to list things! Purplenanny x x

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2011, 06:48:17 PM »

Off to Peterborough Fair on Sat. weather permitting  :whist:

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2011, 10:14:58 AM »

Oh see I've already posted what I was going to type this morning  :o ::)

purplenanny

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2011, 10:21:07 AM »

Oh dear CLKD! ??? Hope your weekend goes well - weather gorgeous! I am doing another car boot Sunday - must get rid of all this stuff cluttering my life!! Purplenanny x x

sandie w

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2011, 03:12:19 PM »

I'm also doing a car boot tomorrow, i have so much stuff and only a little car to take it in....have asked if anyone has a van that i could use..........no one has one. So i may now have to wait till next year to get rid of the rest of the stuff. not nay indoor car boots and i don't want to do one when its cold.

TM

purplenanny

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2011, 06:53:56 PM »

well good luck with selling the stuff you can fit in TM - at least some of it will go - and your car should be cheaper to pitch than a van. Can't waste the good weather! Purplenanny x x

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2011, 07:38:19 PM »

You will sell better from a car than a van!  You will have to be more organised inside the vehicle and so long as you take a table to put stuff on and put any boxes on the floor where you can see them, all should be OK!

purplenanny

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2011, 06:52:24 PM »

Hi TM - how did your sales go at the car booty!! I sold £27 and got baked in the process! Not sure I will bother again, lot of effort for little gain. Hope you did better. Purplenanny x x

sandie w

« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2011, 07:11:29 PM »

Hi purplepenny,

i did not do a boot  :( .  by the time i had put the 2 pasteboards & small round clothes rail in my car there was hardly enough room for some of my boxes.  My son is going to borrow a van if we get a nice wekend during October and we will do one together as we have about 12 boxes in all pus other bits and bobs. otherwise will keep it in the garage for next year.

I did go to the boot though,i bought a smallRadley bag fo £4 (bargain), a turquise & silver type necklace for £1 and a brand new medium size expandable red suitcas for £3. Mom brought 2 pairs of curtains for £2 each pair and a plant for £1.

I love car boots.

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2011, 08:30:48 PM »

PHEW! what a scorcher: and we didn't see half of the Stalls because we didn't realise that 'more stalls this way' sign meant over 700 ! we did buy more silver though and met some lovely people :-) and on Friday we go to our usual haunt to sell more books!

purplenanny

« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2011, 09:39:11 PM »

wow - that was a HUGE booty if you missed 700!! I have loads of books but they never sell - where do you sell yours CLKD? I do agree the car booty is a great place for meeting people or even just watching them all milling around - I love it, just wish we had sold more. Hey ho.  :sunny: :sunny: at least I topped up my vitamin D!!

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2011, 10:12:31 AM »

Wasn't as much a car boot as an antique 'fair' and those snobbish enough know the difference  ;D.  We have plenty of outlets here in which to sell stuff but I prefer the indoor venues!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6