Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Blood test advice for when you split your gel dose am/pm and absorption of HRT  (Read 525 times)

Angelasurrey

hello, I am 43 years old and have been going through the perimenopause for many years :'(. I’ve been experiencing debilitating symptoms and since the beginning of this year :-\ was put on Sandrena  1mg ( 6 sachets) and Utrogestan  for 14 days out of the month. More recently I started the testosterone.

I finally managed to get a blood test with the GP, who is going to send it to the consultant to look at the absorption of the different medication I’m taking. I still have a number of symptoms..  really bad PMS sleep issues, feel low  etc  I feel very ill during ovulation and before my period it’s almost like the flu for a week at a time.

My question is around when I do the blood test…. do I need to put on all my gel in the morning? I normally split half my gel 3  in the morning and 3  in the evening and my blood test is in the morning.

Also more of a general question where are you  applying Sandrena and testesterone ? Are you switching it around?

Thanks so much

Angela
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 06:45:52 PM by Angelasurrey »

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!

Hi

I’ve had various oestrogen blood tests in the past and would always leave off my morning dose until the blood test had been done.

That way you can get an idea of how you are absorbing your evening dose. You’ll also know that your levels will also increase from there too!

I use oestrogel and have always tried to sick to a routine, upper arms in morning and thighs at night.

Hope this helps x

Kathleen

Hello ladies.

A few years ago I was using Oestrogel and splitting the dose morning and evening. I am with Newson Health and when they needed a blood test I was asked to avoid using the gel on the morning of the test and also the night before. I wasn't very happy about missing two doses but I followed the doctor's instructions.

Perhaps it doesn't really matter about the evening dose and the key thing is to always have the same routine for every test so the results can be compared over time.

When I was using Oestrogel and now that I have Sandrena sachets I always use my inner thighs and alternate every day.

I hope this is helpful and take care ladies.

K.