Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Ovestin cream  (Read 1536 times)

Lou54

• First Flush
Ovestin cream
« on: November 10, 2022, 06:39:42 PM »

I was prescribed ovestin cream in March this year all was working fine but after reducing to 2 times a week symptoms came back can anyone tell me if it’s ok to use this everyday as this is the only way the symptoms stay away

Flossieteacake

Re: Ovestin cream
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 06:53:32 PM »

Hello Lou and welcome to the forum. Yes, you can use Ovestin daily. I use it every day and have no intention of ever reducing it. :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 06:55:40 PM »

Hi! yep, slar it on where it's sore/dry.   Many medics are unaware of a) how awful vaginal atrophy can be and b) how often we can use the various products.

Some put some around the outer labia or find that Sylc/Yes products help along with 'ovestin' or 'vagifem'.  Browse round. 

suzysunday

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2022, 08:38:51 PM »

Yes, yes.  Twice a week isn't enough for me.  I use alternate nights and boost to every night sometimes.

Lou54

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2022, 06:37:57 PM »

Thankyou everyone for your help I’ve been back and forth to gp with no help at all just told you can only use 2 times a week 🙄

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2022, 07:00:15 PM »

Thankyou everyone for your help I’ve been back and forth to gp with no help at all just told you can only use 2 times a week 🙄

It is so annoying they insist on the twice a week. Just ignore them and you can even tell them members on here use it daily.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2022, 08:36:06 PM »

Tell the GP to dip into this Forum ;-).  Why twice a week, it's in the leaflet but that's not appropriate for what ladies require.

suzysunday

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2022, 09:27:13 PM »

Twice a week is not adequate for most women. It's really stressful for you to have such a useless GP!  Are there any others in the practice you can see?  I assume you need to have your prescription increased or you will run out?  As others say, show them this forum and try and make them see your symptoms become intolerable on twice a week.   I tried reducing to 3 times a week and slowly things got worse. Soon banged it back to alternate nights and got back to comfortable, functioning privates which makes life so much better!  Good luck.

Dierdre

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2022, 09:57:14 PM »

Tell your GP to read the NICE guidelines. It states local estrogen dosage can be increased if necessary and also used alongside full HRT.

Ayesha

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2022, 10:48:22 PM »

When I rang my surgery to explain the twice a week dose of Vagifem was not enough and I was still in a lot of discomfort, my doctor without hesitation told me to use the treatment every day and that she would change my prescription to that effect.
Later on I needed Ovestin to use topically, again and without hesitation from my surgery,  I was prescribed Ovestin, both items are on my repeat prescription online.
Could someone please explain to me why I am finding it easy to acquire my topical HRT and some women are having to climb mountains to acquire theirs, this can’t be right and definitely not fair!

Dierdre

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2022, 09:44:10 AM »

Because you've got a doctor that keeps updated with menopause treatmemts and others don't bother. There's good and bad in every profession.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2022, 11:31:31 AM »

When I rang my surgery to explain the twice a week dose of Vagifem was not enough and I was still in a lot of discomfort, my doctor without hesitation told me to use the treatment every day and that she would change my prescription to that effect.
Later on I needed Ovestin to use topically, again and without hesitation from my surgery,  I was prescribed Ovestin, both items are on my repeat prescription online.
Could someone please explain to me why I am finding it easy to acquire my topical HRT and some women are having to climb mountains to acquire theirs, this can’t be right and definitely not fair!

I would say because you have good DRs. Mine are utterly useless and I have had many issues trying to get anything VA related from them.

Ayesha

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2022, 03:32:10 PM »

It shouldn't be down to good or bad doctors, if the treatment is there it should be given without fuss or hindrance. VA is a nasty, chronic condition and has to be treated accordingly, whatever the dose needed to alleviate symptoms. 

Has anyone ever written to their MP regarding being refused treatment, it's the sort of thing I would do being the old rebel that I am!