Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: HRT and bloating  (Read 663 times)

AsiaB

• First Flush
HRT and bloating
« on: November 14, 2022, 12:27:31 PM »

Hi.
I am 44 and have been on HRT for 10 months. This has fixed all my menopausal issues however I have this an aestetic issue - my lower tummy looks consistently bloated all the time. I am slim and fit and look pregnant all the time.
(Not sure if this is related but I aslso noticed that my shoe size has gone up by half a size)
I have tried a few adjustments but I still haven't found a solution.
I am on Utrogestan 100mg. Taking tablets on day15-26. I had coil inserted, but I was in so much pain that I couldn't leave the doctor's office and the coil had to be removed after just one hour.
I am on Estradot  patches. I tried 25 micrograms, 50 and now I am on 75. - no difference, the tummy is still always swollen.
I stopped my HRT for few days and my tummy has gone back to flat within days, so this is definitely caused by HRT.
Had a scan done. Everything came back normal
What else to do? Has anyone has suggestions? Perhaps I should play around with the progesterone side of things? What are my options with progesteron.?

« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 01:08:17 PM by AsiaB »

Flossieteacake

Re: HRT and bloating
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2022, 01:33:58 PM »

Hello AsiaB. Welcome to the forum. I do not have any suggestions for you but just wanted to welcome you.