Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Painful boobs  (Read 701 times)

Smokey

Painful boobs
« on: November 12, 2022, 12:21:25 PM »

Hello everyone

I’ve been to the breast clinic again after being concerned about lumps in breasts and shooting pains.

I was recalled about a year ago after routine mammogram and was found to have a cyst after a biopsy so thankfully nothing serious.

I was told the lumps were probably fibrosis tissue but did another mammogram to confirm and will be notified accordingly. I was told the pain was due to hrt.

My question really is what do you ladies take that helps to ease the pain.

Thanks   

Flossieteacake

Re: Painful boobs
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 12:35:52 PM »

Breast pain is horrible. I take paracetamol. I wonder if a softer bra may help you too.

DottyD68

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 03:51:20 PM »

Hi Smokey,

Following a mammogram to check out my peri-menopausal sore, lumpy, tender breasts 5 years ago I was advised by the nurse to take evening primrose tablets which I have done ever since.

I occasionally get swollen breasts when there's some fluctuation going on with my hormones or change in HRT, but in general the evening primrose seems to have alleviated the initial problem.

Smokey

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2022, 07:45:49 PM »

Thanks ladies.

Ah yes evening primrose oil, I remember it being mentioned before I think, I will look into that.

I do wear a wireless bra. My hormones always seem to be fluctuating I think I need to try and make a note of when and how long for.  I know at the moment they are because I have dry eyes , nausea and my balance are off. I have Ms and as soon as my hormones fluctuate my balance is worse.

I have at last managed to get a referral to a menopause clinic after four attempts of asking my doctors which all were ignored , I then had a hrt review with a locum doctor who couldn’t believe how many times I had been fobbed off regarding this and he done it their and then in the computer and three days later  I had a latter confirming this and awaiting a date which should be in January of next year. I’m hoping I will be able to get a blood test to see how my oestrogen levels are as at the moment I’m on max 100 estrodot patches doctor will prescribe plus I’m supplementing with one pump of oestrogel. Ideally I would like 125 patches or maybe more as still get hot at times and bad anxiety.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2022, 08:10:28 PM »

Thank goodness for the locum. It is shocking how the other GPs kept fobbing you off.

With the dry eyes you may like to give seabuckthorn capsules a try.

Smokey

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2022, 02:22:19 PM »

Yes I agree I was made to feel that because I was a women it didn’t matter😩

However if I was a man I would probably be at the front of the que!

I have been taking sea buckthorn capsels with some success my eyes still feel a bit irritated but they no longer run down my face and I’ll take that as definitely an improvement.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2022, 02:38:06 PM »

Yes I agree I was made to feel that because I was a women it didn’t matter😩

However if I was a man I would probably be at the front of the que!

I have been taking sea buckthorn capsels with some success my eyes still feel a bit irritated but they no longer run down my face and I’ll take that as definitely an improvement.

I suspect you are right about a man getting listened too.

It is great there has been some improvement with your eyes. I find hycosan eye drops nice for my eyes.