Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hrt and body aches  (Read 723 times)

Ljp

Hrt and body aches
« on: November 11, 2022, 07:53:40 PM »

Hi,
I’ve been on hrt for almost 7 years, I was using oestrogel but now on evorel 100 patches for almost a year.
I have mirena coil for progesterone.

I still have days when I just ache all over, including my wrists and ankles and back.
It’s hard not to worry.

Does anyone else suffer this please?

VanillaLover

Re: Hrt and body aches
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 08:55:16 AM »

I do and I’m only 46!

How are your symptoms otherwise? Do you manage to do any exercise/stretching?

Ljp

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 09:02:18 AM »

Generally my symptoms are pretty well controlled, I teach dance so I’m dancing for 12 hours a week, I do stretch but probably not as much as I should.
I just hate the aching all over days, it’s bizarre how it can be really bad for a few days then just disappear, with mo obvious reason for either 🤷🏼‍♀️

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2022, 09:55:46 AM »

As oestrogen levels drop the muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Perhaps taking pain relief 20 mins B4 exercise would help?  Also, do check your foot wear, flip flops as well as loose sandals should go in the bin!  Firm shoes help any possibility of fallen arches - not surgical shoes but supportive soles - to stop the risk of the foot turning over which may jar neck, spine and knees.

Ljp

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2022, 10:31:48 PM »

I’m wondering whether I need more oestrogen, I’m on evorel 100 every three days, but noticed I get only one day pain free, and that’s day two, so thinking it takes first day of new patch to rid me of body aches, then 2nd day is a good day, and final day of patch the body aches return.
Could I change my patches more frequently? Would it be worth trying?
When I started on HRT 7 years ago I was on 2 pumps oestrogel, and now it’s becoming apparent I need more.
Patches were great for a good 6-8 months, it’s only more recently I’ve noticed the body aches returning 😔