Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Prostap injections  (Read 387 times)

redandpinkstripes

Prostap injections
« on: November 12, 2022, 11:15:58 AM »

Been having so many abdominal pains and finally diagnosed with fibroids on bowel/bladder and advised to start this treatment. I had my first injection 2 weeks ago and I feel dreadful, so agitated, racing heart and terrible headaches. I am snapping at everyone and feel on the edge. I have generalised anxiety disorder and  I'm peri anyway. Has anyone had this? I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place right now.
Feels so strange as I was starting to consider HRT before being told I have fibroids and now it is being shut off to induce menopause:(

Flossieteacake

Re: Prostap injections
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 12:42:09 PM »

Hello redandpinkstripes and welcome to the forum. I like your username. :)

My friend has zolodex injections due to endo and they help her a lot. I am sorry you have had a bad reaction to them. You say you were considering HRT. Is that not an option for you any more?

redandpinkstripes

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 03:49:21 PM »

Thank you 😊
I was considering it but now have to switch off the Estrogen, to kill off the fibroids as it makes them grow!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2022, 04:42:51 PM »

Thank you 😊
I was considering it but now have to switch off the Estrogen, to kill off the fibroids as it makes them grow!

Oh I see. Now I understand. What a shame. I really am sorry to hear that. Hopefully other members with experience of fibroids will reply soon.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 04:44:59 PM by Flossieteacake »