Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Anxiety and fatigue  (Read 1147 times)

Carolinep7

• First Flush
Anxiety and fatigue
« on: December 06, 2022, 05:27:42 PM »

Hi. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to reduce anxiety and fatigue? I have tried hrt but unfortunately had heavy periods every other week and I was advised to stop. At that point I caught covid for the first time which left me breathless for a while. I have taken tonic to increase iron levels and magnesium tablets. I don't know whether I just need to allow more time and put up with it or if there is something else I should try. Any advice would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Flossieteacake

Re: Anxiety and fatigue
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 05:30:15 PM »

Hello Carolinep7. I am really sorry to hear you are battling with anxiety and fatigue. Do you think this could be a response to having covid or did you have this before you caught covid? You are doing all the right things by ensuring you are taking iron and magnesium.

If it would help you could get a blood test just to see if you are lacking anything. With the anxiety you may find relief from anxiety medication. It can help to take the edge of the anxious feeling.

Keep On Swimming

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 06:04:22 PM »

Hi Carolinep7,

Sorry to hear you are feeling so low. Anti-anxiety meds are great but if you want to try sth else beforehand get some Petit Grain essential oil - it's like nature's Xanax!

You take 2 drops 3 x day on a neutral support (small piece of bread or spoonful of honey) and you can also rub 2 drops 3 x day on your solar plexus, wrists (and inhaaaaaaaale) and instep. It smells quite strong, that's the downside.

I had a panic attack when my MIL was diagnosed with cancer and I went straight to the chemist to get sth natural and they swore by Petit Grain. And now I do too!

Also, meditation, breathwork and hypnosis/self-hypnosis are great for anxiety, especially hypnosis. The Insight Timer app is great for meditation (not sure if I'm allowed to recommend apps here?)

What really helped me with crippling anxiety is the oestrogen gel but you sound like you can't take HRT. Did you try a few types? A lot of ladies here seem to need to try a few regimes before getting the right match.

All the best.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2022, 07:42:56 PM »

What hrt regine(s) did you try? Oestrogen is most likely to sort out you problems if you can control the bleeding. Have you tried a mirena?

Carolinep7

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2022, 08:01:09 PM »

I tried Femseven Conti. I felt more relaxed but found it harder to concentrate.  The doctor suggested I have a break before they prescribe something else as I was so run down and the periods weren't reducing after 4 months.

I have bought some rescue remedy pastilles which I like but too early to say if they will make a difference.  I have looked online for ideas but have limited funds and there are so many adverts (with lots of reviews both for and against) 😀

DottyD68

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2022, 09:34:41 PM »

Hi Carolinep7,

HRT initially settled my peri-menopausal anxiety however I got Covid in August which totally wiped me out for a month. I had no energy at all and I am normally a fit and active person. My GP tried to change my HRT regime whilst I was recovering from Covid which wasnt a good idea as many of my menopause symptoms quickly returned, mostly the anxiety along with allergies/sensitivities and low mood. The fatigue was overwhelming.

Another GP suggested I immediately returned to my original regime (which I was happy with) and wait for things to settle from Covid. Apparently there is thinking that Covid can affect hormones etc and cause symptoms to increase or  return.

I have increased my vitamin C intake and continued to take magnesium and zinc in addition to some other supplements which I have been taking for my menopause symptoms to boost my immune system. It took a long 12 weeks before I started to feel more normal and get my energy levels back after Covid.

The anxiety has also reduced although that still fluctuates so I still think I need to tweak my HRT during my next review.  I use the Headspace app for daily meditation which helps. I also exercise regularly which always helps.

I don't know how long ago you had Covid but from my experience I would give yourself at least 12 weeks to let your body recover and hopefully you will see your fatigue and anxiety improve. Covid is a nasty illness. It may be worth contacting your GP if it has gone on longer than this.

Hope you feel better soon
X