Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Low mood/depression  (Read 812 times)

Michele

Low mood/depression
« on: November 13, 2022, 03:23:43 PM »

I suffer from depression and anxiety, I’ve recently come off hrt drs orders due to ovarian cysts, heavy bleeding and thick endometrial lining so have been hrt free for 2 months. Scans again last week one cyst has gone, and a new one arrived on other ovary but lining back to normal.
I’m not wanting to go back to hrt and I’m not wanting the coil either. The thing is my depression seems to be increasing, I just want to hide away, I don’t want to meet with my group of friends each week, I feel fat, I’ve lost my confidence to meet my friends, I feel more comfortable meeting strangers than I do my friends. I’d be quite happy to spend the rest of my life in bed or in my room hiding away not seeing anyone. My husband and two sons seem to make everything I say and do a joke, twisting things I say, I feel out numbered and not strong enough to respond, so they continue. I feel that they’re laughing at me and don’t take me seriously anymore. Everything in my life is getting me down so much.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Low mood/depression
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 05:09:10 PM »

Hormones can cause all kinds of health issues.  Have you considered 8-12 months anti-depressant medication?  Do speak to your GP or contact MIND - they gave me a lot of support when my friend ended his Life - long after I would have expected them to continue to contact me by e-mail.

Your husband and sons need a  :kick: .  MayB they simply don't know how to deal with depression and it might scare them.  Sit them down.  Delegate.  Lads need to begin taking control of ironing, cooking etc. from an early age so that they 'make someone a good wife' !!!   Tell them that you need support and how would they like to help.  If necessary take your husband to the appt to see your GP.  It will focus his mind!

Feeling fat and not being wider might not be the same.  Have U put on weight ?  Sometimes the apron falls due to loss of muscle strength in the belly, mine looks fat when looking down however ;-).

Let us know how you get on.  How R your periods?  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.