Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Generic patches not working?  (Read 495 times)

Wragmop

Generic patches not working?
« on: November 20, 2022, 09:15:46 AM »

Due to the supply issues with Estradot I’ve been on generic patches for the last 3 weeks and there’s been a noticeable worsening of symptoms (sore joints, mood swings, insomnia) when everything had been going well.
Has anyone else experienced this on the generic patches? Technically it’s all the same active ingredient isn’t it so I don’t know… maybe I just need to up the dose.

Hurdity

Re: Generic patches not working?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2022, 09:26:58 AM »

Hi Wragmop

Sorry to hear about your worsening symptoms. I haven't heard of a generic patch - do you mean it is not one of the proprietary brands normally prescribed?

Different patches are different sizes and though the dose is nominally the same - say - for a 50 mcg patch - in practice absorption will vary amongst different women and from brand to brand probably depending on your own skin to some extent?

Also depend where you are in menopause - could it be coincidence? If you are peri you may notice changes anyway...

You could try increasing the dose yes - depending what dose you are on - so eg 50 mcg you could ask for 75 mcg and then cut off a bit to give you approx 62.5 mcg ( which is what I do), and try that for a few weeks?

Good luck :)

Hurdity x

Wragmop

Re: Generic patches not working?
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2022, 09:41:58 AM »

Thank you, yes that sounds like a good idea. It could easily be co-incidence as I’m not far into the hrt journey and am still peri. It’s all a bit unpredictable at the best of times isn’t it!