Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Oh Lordy, Oestrogel bottles!  (Read 1576 times)

alibeau

Oh Lordy, Oestrogel bottles!
« on: November 11, 2022, 03:22:45 PM »

Hi Ladies,

So I finally plucked up the courage to request ‘Amber’ bottles of Oestrogel rather than ‘’Green’ from my pharmacy as I do suspect the green does not agree with me.

I made a note of the Amber batch number and requested this.

On unpacking my Oestrogel, the batch number seems correct ‘73954’ but the packaging is completely different. Please tell me that there are no more twists in the oestrogel plot as there are now no Amber or Green squares on this bottle!!

I’ll attach a pic, new style of bottle on left, green square middle, Amber square right….

Any feedback at all would be appreciated xxxx

PS Can't figure out how to attach a pic but the latest Oestrogel bottle is a basic cylinder shape!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 04:09:39 PM by alibeau »

Dandelion

Re: Oh Lordy, Oestrogel bottles!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 04:07:02 PM »

When I used gel, my canisters were green.
I never heard of amber gel or amber bottles before.
The gel was in a metal or plastic canister, I can't remember.
Besins make it and I think it's all the same.

alibeau

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2022, 04:16:16 PM »

Thanks Dandelion.

I have been using Oestrogel for a couple of years but have experienced quite severe highs and lows which I initially put down to being peri.  I then discovered a post on here regarding the batch numbers on Oetrogel bottles.  Some bottles had a small amber square on the bottle with a batch no starting '73' and other bottles had a small green square with a batch no staring '10'.

Apparently the two batch numbers/gels are identical in every way however I feel I have formed a pattern of not doing well whilst using the bottles with a green square on.

These bottles were always plastic with a neck that narrows.

However today for the first time, I have collect two bottles of gel which are cylindrical in shape with no amber or green square at all, however the batch number does being '73'....

I was just wondering how everyone else is doing with their Oestrogel at the moment, particularly those who also suspect they don't do so well on the batch with a green square on...

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2022, 04:17:23 PM »

Hi if it’s a cylinder shape it sounds like it’s one of the bottles that were used before the present bottles.

What’s the expiry date ?

https://www.besins-healthcare.com/products/  Does it look like this ?

« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 04:34:28 PM by Dotty »

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2022, 04:34:50 PM »

Can you request the gel by batch number with your pharmacy?

How did you do that? That’s amazing if possible!

I’m sure years ago it was a plain cylinder shape. Have you looked at the product information label? It might say on the bottom which manufacturer it is?

alibeau

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2022, 04:44:12 PM »

Hi if it’s a cylinder shape it sounds like it’s one of the bottles that were used before the present bottles.

What’s the expiry date ?

https://www.besins-healthcare.com/products/  Does it look like this ?

Hi Dotty,

Yes it looks like that but none of my previous bottles were that shape.

Strangely the expiry date on todays cylindrical bottles is 07/2025, dates on existing bottles in my stash are 04/2025...

alibeau

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2022, 04:48:27 PM »

Can you request the gel by batch number with your pharmacy?

How did you do that? That’s amazing if possible!

I’m sure years ago it was a plain cylinder shape. Have you looked at the product information label? It might say on the bottom which manufacturer it is?

Bottle has all the same blurb on it, same colour way etc, Besins blah blah....

When I request a repeat prescription online with my GP there is a box to enter notes so I put a message for the pharmacist re batch numbers in there.  I then sent Hubby to the pharmacy with strict instructions about batch numbers, as it happens they had dispensed one of each batch number and so the pharmacist switched them both to my requested batch number. Only to find a completely different bottle shape to usual which threw me!

I guess when any of us go to collect our bottles, you can ask which batch numbers they have and to provide your preference??

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2022, 04:51:59 PM »

And they say Knowledge is power!! I’m so grateful, you’ve made my weekend!

I’m going to try this this next week. So did you just request the 73 batch number for the product?

At last I feel they may be hope!

Dotty

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2022, 04:52:39 PM »

I’m not sure then unless they’ve changed the packaging again x

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2022, 05:00:52 PM »

Wouldn’t it be fab if Besins have been proactive about the recent complaints and used the French factory to plug the gap following the shortages!  Then moved the main production back to Belgium!

Clutching at straws as usual - but it maybe good news.

alibeau

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2022, 05:09:13 PM »

And they say Knowledge is power!! I’m so grateful, you’ve made my weekend!

I’m going to try this this next week. So did you just request the 73 batch number for the product?

At last I feel they may be hope!

As far as I know, and I am no expert!, I think that the Amber square bottles have a five digit batch code starting '73***' and the Green square bottles have a batch code starting '10***'.

So yes in future I will request batch code starting '73***' and if you can't do that at the time, then I guess when you collect you can always check and then ask them to see what batch codes they have in stock?!?!

I have been back on the 'Amber' square for about a week and despite still having some 'personal troubles' to deal with, my underlying mood has absolutely lifted. Good news!

Have a great weekend  :D

alibeau

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2022, 05:09:51 PM »

I’m not sure then unless they’ve changed the packaging again x

Thanks Dotty x

Zoe

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2022, 05:01:28 PM »

Hi, I am brand new here but relieved to see this post. Thought it was just me! I had a previous green/orange issue with oestrogel, with the green square bottles being less effective for me. Contacted Besins and got the standard response - same stuff, different packaging, no negative effect.

A few weeks ago I got a green square bottle and assured myself all would be OK. Within a few days, hot flushes back at night, not sleeping. Changed back to orange and normal service has resumed. GP said they think it is a manufacturing process issue rather than ingredients, which seems to be confirmed here on MM.

Filled out a yellow card report with batch number (a '10').

THEN, the new cylindrical packaging mentioned by alibeau! At least it has the orange square. Some consistency would be good with these products.

I am not sure it affects everyone the same way. Some of us are just a bit more sensitive to these changes I suspect. I would change to a patch but I don't do well with it at all and am better with gel. Will also be having a word with my lovely pharmacist though he is pretty adamant that they take what they get. If he could just reserve the orange square bottles for me...

Gnatty

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2022, 05:54:37 PM »

Apparently they are using up their old bottles and filling them to keep up supplies....So new gel but old bottles

Zoe

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2022, 06:26:46 PM »

Apparently they are using up their old bottles and filling them to keep up supplies....So new gel but old bottles

That is very useful to know since I remember they used to use cylindrical bottles a good while back. I am sure it will be fine.