Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Lining thickening- biopsy help!  (Read 747 times)

shoppingqueen

Lining thickening- biopsy help!
« on: November 11, 2022, 03:30:13 PM »

Hello everyone

In a panic here as had a trans vaginal scan to investigate bleeding and have been referred to gynae for a histoscopy (spelling?)
I have no idea if I’m peri or post as had intermiitent bleeding on sequi HRT and have jumped about a lot recently from gel to patches and to gel again. Maybe this an trialling utro/ provera etc has impacted the period??
Anyway, the TV scan ultrasound identified 5mm so I’m now to have an urgent further scan and a histoscopy which I’m terrified of having. I’ve even asked for a general I’m that frightened. Any help ladies or reassurance?
I’m of the mind if it IS something, best to sort early it’s the procedure I’m fearful of.
SQxx

Dandelion

Re: Lining thickening- biopsy help!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 04:05:29 PM »

Hello everyone

In a panic here as had a trans vaginal scan to investigate bleeding and have been referred to gynae for a histoscopy (spelling?)
I have no idea if I’m peri or post as had intermiitent bleeding on sequi HRT and have jumped about a lot recently from gel to patches and to gel again. Maybe this an trialling utro/ provera etc has impacted the period??
Anyway, the TV scan ultrasound identified 5mm so I’m now to have an urgent further scan and a histoscopy which I’m terrified of having. I’ve even asked for a general I’m that frightened. Any help ladies or reassurance?
I’m of the mind if it IS something, best to sort early it’s the procedure I’m fearful of.
SQxx
I had this under general.
They check as a precaution, as I bled a lot.
They were very nice, gave me a lovely meal after, they kept me in for a day, and I got told I was cancer free.
I had no pain.
I think the fear beforehand is worse than the actuality.
Best of luck.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2022, 05:14:38 PM »

I thought 5mm was considered normal when on HRT? Well that's what mine was last time I had a scan for bleeding.

A hysteroscopy can sound really scary. Some women do choose to have sedation so don't feel bad about asking for something to help.

Taz x  :hug:

Nik2502

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2022, 07:03:50 PM »

Hi

5mm or less is usually considered normal. I’m glad you’re having a general anaesthetic. I had none and it was horrific!

Nik x

suzysunday

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2022, 08:30:11 PM »

Don't be afraid to ask for a general anaesthetic.  I had one for a hysteroscopy.   If you have someone to take you home after and be with you for the next 24 hrs you shouldn't have to stay overnight, at least that was the case with me.  5mm doesn't sound too bad so try not to worry, though it's not easy.  I was completely panic stricken at the time. 

shoppingqueen

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2022, 08:54:11 PM »

Thank you so much ladies
I feel a bit reassured. I’m hoping the TV scan beforehand might indicate they don’t need to do it but I’ve already said I will want a general. I had an awful time with a failed coil fit and I’m not prepared to have any distress. It’s hard being a woman, isn’t it?
Thank you so much for replying and helping xx