Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hair loss  (Read 714 times)

Bandango42

Hair loss
« on: November 11, 2022, 07:03:50 AM »

Hi ladies

Has anyone experienced a reduction in hair loss when settling on a correct dosage of hrt? Currently using evorel 50 patches and utrogestan 200mg x 12 days and whilst I'm feeling pretty good at the moment, I've noticed increased hair loss over the last couple of weeks and wondering if an increase in oestrogen would combat this? I'm also still suffering with joint pain quite a bit. Due a review in December with my GP and will suggest 75mg patches if so.
Many thanks x

Bandango42

Re: Hair loss
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 03:01:05 PM »

Thank you for your reply. What about hair loss? I'm more concerned by this, vanity wise more than anything! Did you notice less hair loss or did you not have that to begin with? X

Jayjem

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2022, 04:05:30 PM »

Have just started on everol 50 patches and not noticed hair loss yet.  Is this something I need to look out for/ hHow long did the patches take to work for you?

Bandango42

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2022, 04:21:27 PM »

Thanks mollydolly, I have some 25 patches left over so I may slowly increase like you say to see if that makes a difference.

Hi jayjem, I've been in 50 patches for 3 months or so now and only recently noticed more hair loss, say over the past week or so? Was on 25 patches before that for 5 months and didn't notice anymore than usual (I tend to shed head hair quite a lot anyway). It's panicked me a bit, do not want to go bald just yet!