Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Can't up tiny bit of oestrogel without horrible side effects  (Read 2868 times)

discogirl

Re: Can't up tiny bit of oestrogel without horrible side effects
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2022, 03:45:36 PM »

Good morning ladies.

Feeling hopeless again. After my GP agreed to refer me to menopause clinic in London I got letter to book apt with local hospital gynacology tel clinic again. I really don't have any more fight in me to try and get some proper help. Terrible burning under boobs last night I suppose it's indigestion still pain there today I guess it's from utrogestan. I don't know what to do. Try and stick to oestrogel & utrogestan and suffer on I've been on it 2 months now. Or ask for patch although after burning in head and hair loss after hrt tablet I'm afraid to try patches. I live in Hertfordshire if I was to specify a specific clinic to refer me to what would I ask for. So disappointed private apt cancelled last minute after waiting months. Sorry to rant on again. Thank you for your continued support.

just wanted to say im thinking of you.

i really hope you get sorted xxx

Hopeful2

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2022, 04:10:51 PM »

Thank you both so much for your replies.

I thought you needed progesterone if you still have periods Flossieteacake so would be afraid not to take it as I have no proper GP support or anything.

I see you take utrogestan everyday I didn't think you could do that Discogirl. I take it days 1-25 getting terrible burning in chest from it or oestrogel. Can you swap between taking it orally & vaginally on different days like when you have period, maybe I should try it vaginally?

Thank you both for your kind support 💐

Flossieteacake

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2022, 05:19:54 PM »

I thought you needed progesterone if you still have periods Flossieteacake so would be afraid not to take it as I have no proper GP support or anything.

I see you take utrogestan everyday I didn't think you could do that Discogirl. I take it days 1-25 getting terrible burning in chest from it or oestrogel. Can you swap between taking it orally & vaginally on different days like when you have period, maybe I should try it vaginally?

You do need progesterone. I just wondered if seeing if you could get used to a low dose oestrogen first as your body is so sensitive to medication.

Hopeful2

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2022, 06:44:00 PM »

Thanks Flossieteacake. Just seen on another post your not feeling well at the moment either, hope you feel better soon 💐

Flossieteacake

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2022, 07:07:52 PM »

Thanks Flossieteacake. Just seen on another post your not feeling well at the moment either, hope you feel better soon 💐

Thank you. That is very sweet of you.  :)

Pippa52

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2022, 10:27:09 AM »

Hopeful - I am EXACTLY the same as you re increasing dose and causing bad symptoms.  Have just posted about it. I feel for you I really do this is total rubbish isn't it xx I have copied and pasted my post here .....''Hi All, I have been struggling for ages to try and get my HRT levels to even out.  I am post meno, surgical menopause many years ago and aged 70.  Been on oestrogen only HRT since I was 42. Was absolutely fine HRT wise till last year when oestrogel became unavailable and then was put on Lenzetto and then two different patches which I never levelled out on.  Started back on Oestrogel in July and just can't get level. Had loads of blood tests in Sept like thyroid etc all came back  normal.  My oestrogen blood level however was low in July at 69 and Meno consultant told me to work up to 3 pumps of Oestrogel (which I was originally on).  Have been trying to work up over the months as have to take it slowly as am super sensitive to any level change but every time I went up (got up to 2 1/2) it made me feel dreadful to be honest its been horrendous with cracking headaches, dizziness, huge anxiety, feel wired and jittery all the time,  insomnia and episodes of palpitations which are all supposed I thought to be signs of too little oestrogen but the higher up I went the worse I felt.  Hence over the past 2 weeks I have come down on the dose and am now on 1 1/2 pumps.  I notice the oestrogen in Oestrogel which used to be Estradiol 17b changed last year to Estradiol hemihydrate and I am wondering if it is maybe a bit stronger.  I did write to the manufacturer but they told me nothing has changed which is odd as the main ingredient has for sure.  I  just wondered if anyone else suffered from too high a dose of their HRT and if so did they have similar symptoms.  I had a spell of really bad muscle pain as well but that seems to have got better since I decreased the dose.  My blood oestrogen levels were low in July but I felt a lot better then than I do now so maybe I should be going on symptoms and not blood levels which is what the Meno consultant seems to want me to do? I have a follow up telephone appt on 1st Dec but really am finding it hard to function at any level right now.  I realise it will take time to level out on the lower dose too. Any input would be very much appreciated - thanks so much xxx''

discogirl

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2022, 11:39:52 AM »

hi hopeful2

im new to all this myself so i may be wrong but as im post menopause and im on comtinous hrt and  i take it everyday.

i believe taking utro vaginally it lessens the side effects so it may be worth trying it that way xx
Pages: 1 2 [3]