Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Cramping after periods  (Read 1347 times)

Babodpower

• First Flush
Cramping after periods
« on: November 28, 2022, 08:01:19 PM »

Hi ladies, I’m new here, I’m 48 and have had peri symptoms for the past 2 years. I’m not on HRT and over the 2 years I’ve experienced nearly every symptom on the list at one stage or another! My period has been irregular, I might go 3-4 months normal and then it’d be 50-60 days between. I had my gallbladder removed on Oct 6th (last month) so expected my period to be a bit off after that. Last week I had a 3 day period, heavy as usual but very short for me as they usually last 6 to 8 days. But all the way through and still today I have extremely tender breasts  cramping and a lot of clear discharge. Has anyone else experienced anything like this, is it a normal part of peri? I’m seeing my gp on Friday as it’s making me anxious and my health anxiety is already high due to being in peri, sorry it’s so long winded, any advice or information would be welcome.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Cramping after periods
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 08:26:55 PM »

When do you get reviewed by your surgeon?  It may be that there is wind adding to the symptoms of a brewing period. 

It mayB that your periods will start to wax and wane - could you take pain relief for a few days?  Mine waxed and waned for several years B4 finally stopping.  Fortunately I didn't have cramps!

Babodpower

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 08:43:17 PM »

Hi CLKD, thanks for your reply. I had my post surgery 2 weeks after my surgery and everything was fine. The cramps are more of an ovary type pain.  I know cramps can happen during peri but I’m just scared there something seriously wrong, the pain has been consistent for over a week.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 09:32:05 PM »

At least you know that the surgical result is fine.  Have U tried pain relief?  Sometimes I get trapped wind in any area across lower back etc., a couple of "nurofen" helps. 

Babodpower

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2022, 10:47:48 PM »

I’m taking some pain relief and it’s helping, the pain is just nagging all the time. Hopefully I will have some answers soon as I’m feeling very tired and down over it.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2022, 09:51:56 AM »

Of course - if it's hormonally linked symptoms may well niggle and nag because the body is changing.  Did the pain relief help?