Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: From patches to Gel  (Read 1996 times)

discogirl

Re: From patches to Gel
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2022, 02:24:48 PM »

Hi Mollydolly,

Thank you so much for telling me that. I'm sorry you went through all of that but glad that you are now alright with no after effects. I must be amazing to not have those issues any more and get on with your life.

In my case I seem to be able to take Utrogestan for about 16 days at 100mg until I get side effects, it's a shame there isn't a lower dosage but then I would be worried about my womb lining. My GP recommends the gel / mirena combination as the best but she said I wouldn't get the sleep benefits from the Mirena and also I would be concerned about getting side effects from a mirena and not being able to take it out immediately like you can just stop taking a pill.

On the Utrogestan leaflet it says take on days 1 to 25 of your therapeutic cycle - do you or anyone know if this means your menstrual cycle and is day 1 the day after your period ends? I have never had to think about all this before and realise how little I know!

I think I will try different Utrogestan regimes and maybe the mirena and if all fails I might end up doing what you've done mollydolly.  Did your gynaecologist say your womb would still be protected on 5 nights of Utrogestan and did you have scans to check, were they on the Nhs? Sorry for all the questions, as you say the Utrogestan can really affect your quality of life and I need this sorted soon. I am so thankful for all you ladies. xxx

Hi Katherine,

It's interesting what you say about utro that you can take it for 16days then you get side effects. Would you mind me asking what your side effects are. As I said to Mollydolly, I take mine vaginally in the mornings and I seem ok on it at the moment anyway xxx

Katherine

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2022, 02:40:11 PM »

Hi discogirl,

I had that unusually severe asthma attack that I posted on here a few weeks ago and then another mild version of that a few nights ago.

After about 16 days I start to feel sort of sedated like I'm under anaesthesia, like my breathing is suppressed, and sort of lethargic / sedated which makes it really hard for me to start my day and get things done . I find sugary foods give me a boost but I can't always depend on that. I read on the Utrogestan leaflet that it can aggravate asthma.

I think I don't get side effects at first when I've had a break because it takes time to build up in my system. Having said that when I've missed just one night of taking it I feel much better so it can't build up that much. I've missed 2 doses the last 2 nights and currently trying to work out what to do next. my GP says I can take it for 25 days a month but I don't know when the 1st day would be in terms of my cycle. I finished my period on 7th November. Can anyone help me with that? I wish I could just take the Utrogestan when I need it but would worry about my womb lining.

Did your GP recommend you take it vaginally? xxx

discogirl

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2022, 02:44:50 PM »

Hi discogirl,

I had that unusually severe asthma attack that I posted on here a few weeks ago and then another mild version of that a few nights ago.

After about 16 days I start to feel sort of sedated like I'm under anaesthesia, like my breathing is suppressed, and sort of lethargic / sedated which makes it really hard for me to start my day and get things done . I find sugary foods give me a boost but I can't always depend on that. I read on the Utrogestan leaflet that it can aggravate asthma.

I think I don't get side effects at first when I've had a break because it takes time to build up in my system. Having said that when I've missed just one night of taking it I feel much better so it can't build up that much. I've missed 2 doses the last 2 nights and currently trying to work out what to do next. my GP says I can take it for 25 days a month but I don't know when the 1st day would be in terms of my cycle. I finished my period on 7th November. Can anyone help me with that? I wish I could just take the Utrogestan when I need it but would worry about my womb lining.

Did your GP recommend you take it vaginally? xxx

Hi Katherine,

Yes I remember about the asthma, sorry.

It must so hard to calculate everything to do with your cycle when you're still having periods.

At least you can take a break from the utro.

I learned about taking it vaginally on here actually and I told my gp, he said he hadn't heard that but that he would check it out, he did and got back to me to say it was fine. It's off licence here in the UK, but other parts of Europe I believe do use the utro vaginally on licence.

I would start a new thread Katherine about when your 1st day would be in terms of your cycle. It may get lost on here.

I'm sorry I can't help you there I no longer have periods.

But I would start a new thread and hopefully someone will be along to help.

Take care xxx

discogirl

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2022, 02:53:38 PM »

Hi Katherine
I’m sure day 1 means the day your period starts.
But as I was only taking mine for 7 days I started on day 19. So then once I finished the 7 days worth of Utro I would then get a period from around day 28. Basically mimicking a natural 28 day period cycle that we used to have in our younger days.
I would think 16 days is more than enough to keep the womb lining thin. Yes I did have scans to check mine and it was always well within range even in the 7 days of Utro.
I really hope you manage to sort it. Thinking of you. Xx

Discogirl
Thank you for your good wishes. I hope today is a better day for you. Did you use the gel last night?

Hi Mollydolly,

I put the gel on this morning, I didn't want to use it last night as I think it would be too energized for me.

So I left my patch on last night and took it off this morning and put the gel on.

I will keep you updated. It feels funny though not having a patch on xxx

discogirl

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2022, 05:48:56 PM »

thanks mollydolly i hope it does too

thank you xxx

Katherine

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2022, 10:44:45 AM »

Hi Discogirl and Mollydolly,

Thank you for the info and support, it is helpful and much appreciated. In terms of the utrogestan, my body decided for me a couple of days ago, I felt I needed it after a break of 2 nights so I took it and have been fine. I have got a new diary and just using to track my HRT and symptoms, and have found that so far, the breathing issue I get always happens at the end of my period or just after the end of it, since I’ve been on utrogestan. Apparently that is when both oestrogen and progesterone levels are at their lowest, so it doesn’t make sense why the utrogestan would be causing this problem at that time of the month. I guess I will just have to continue keeping a diary and keep taking the utrogestan when I can and hopefully a clear pattern and solution will emerge. Maybe a break of 2 or 3 days from the utrogestan will be enough each month.

Discogirl, I hope you are doing ok with the gel, I thought of you this morning and wondered. Also I just remembered this is your thread, not mine, so I will start a new one about this issue if need be. Sorry, I got carried away and forgot it was your thread.

Have a good weekend everyone xxxx

discogirl

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2022, 11:09:45 AM »

Hi Discogirl and Mollydolly,

Thank you for the info and support, it is helpful and much appreciated. In terms of the utrogestan, my body decided for me a couple of days ago, I felt I needed it after a break of 2 nights so I took it and have been fine. I have got a new diary and just using to track my HRT and symptoms, and have found that so far, the breathing issue I get always happens at the end of my period or just after the end of it, since I’ve been on utrogestan. Apparently that is when both oestrogen and progesterone levels are at their lowest, so it doesn’t make sense why the utrogestan would be causing this problem at that time of the month. I guess I will just have to continue keeping a diary and keep taking the utrogestan when I can and hopefully a clear pattern and solution will emerge. Maybe a break of 2 or 3 days from the utrogestan will be enough each month.

Discogirl, I hope you are doing ok with the gel, I thought of you this morning and wondered. Also I just remembered this is your thread, not mine, so I will start a new one about this issue if need be. Sorry, I got carried away and forgot it was your thread.

Have a good weekend everyone xxxx

Hi Katherine,

I'm so glad your beginning to find some solutions.

That's so nice to think of me, yes I'm on the gel now and its very early days so in a month or two I should know how things are progressing.

And my thread is your thread, please feel free to use it.

Thanks for all your help Mollydolly and Katherine xxx
Pages: 1 [2]