Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Low folate  (Read 1673 times)

sweettooth

Low folate
« on: November 04, 2022, 10:31:28 AM »

Hi ladies, have not been doing good at all.  I have literally crashed, limbs tired and weak, very low mood, anxiety, nausea, racing heart wakens me…..my Estrogen is a good level.  I am 61.

Folate was low back in March but I didn’t keep taking folate as I didn’t think I needed to.  I had bouts of the above and putting it down to long covid, but had bloods done 2 weeks ago and folate came back low,  at that stage I could barely stand for long so exhausted.  I started taking folate 5MTHF 400 3 weeks ago and slight improvement, does anyone know if it takes a while?  I have read low level can cause depression etc.

My iron, B12 and thyroid all normal.

MARCHLOVE  I was looking back at old posts and noticed you had a folate problem and you were using supplement from ‘seeking health’ how did you know please how much to take please if I may ask?

Any help ladies please greatly appreciated xx

Marchlove

Re: Low folate
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 11:02:41 AM »

Hi Sweettooth

Sorry to hear you’re feeling awful, possibly with long covid.

Yes I take seeking health folinic acid lozenge. So basically you hold it under your tongue until it dissolves.

This was it gets into your system far better than going through the stomach and you should take it in the morning.

Don’t use folate as a lot of people don’t get on with it and folic acid is not as effective.

I now only take 1/4 of the tablet daily and plan to do so for life.

If you are able I would consider paying privately for a cortisol and Dhea test.  My cortisol dropped enormously following getting covid in May and my fatigue was awful.
The best lab to use is zrt labs and it involves taking 4 saliva samples over the course of the day.

Low cortisol has exactly the same symptoms as high cortisol so the only way to know is to test.

Good luck and hope you start to improve soon.

M x

sweettooth

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2022, 12:23:16 PM »

Thank you Marchlove.  Can I ask how your low cortisol was treated plz?

Marchlove

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2022, 01:13:48 PM »

With supplements, not by the nhs!

But first things first, find out if you have high or low first as you use different supplements  depending on which one you have.

Good luck x

sweettooth

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2022, 11:48:26 AM »

Marchlove thanks for that, I have emailed dry and waiting for reply as to which tests, they wanted some history.

I feel as though my estrogen isn’t working, I was on 2mg tablet but all went to pot after my vaccine March 21, I think jab and Covid tanks some womens hormones in some way.

I’m not sure do I need to change my regime to transdermal to see if it wud get through better??  I’m just so afraid incase I feel worse.  I have been struggling now since March 21 it’s has been horrific at times and it’s really getting me down.  My tablet was increased but I felt worse, just seems no way out of this hell🥲

Can Anyone throw any positive outcomes my way please??🌷

Marchlove

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2022, 12:57:40 PM »

Poor you Sweettooth  :'(

Maybe start a new thread just about the hrt aspect as you might not get many replies under folate.

Certainly I would think about the transdermal route.

M x

sweettooth

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2022, 01:26:28 PM »

Tk u Marchlove il do that x

Scampidoodle

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2022, 03:03:00 PM »

Hi sweettooth, what was your folate level? Mine came back at 3.2 then 4 the times I tested. Although normal is right at the low end! Through a fictional medicine practitioner I started taking methylated folate and got the level up to 19. Feel a lot better for it x

Scampidoodle

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2022, 03:04:31 PM »

For info I used a vitamin b complex which had 400mcg in it and alternated it with Nutri advanced folate 800mcg

sweettooth

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2022, 11:21:47 AM »

Thank you scampi just seeing this!  I’m also taking a multi with 400 mythl folate.  Was thinking now of increasing up to 800 with a separate one.  What is a fictional practitioner please or who do I work with re this folate issue please? Tk u xxx

Scampidoodle

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2022, 03:31:48 PM »

Kind of a practitioner who looks for the root cause of things. I’ll PM you her details and you can look her up x