Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Vagirux newbie  (Read 1978 times)

Flapsflo4

• First Flush
Vagirux newbie
« on: November 08, 2022, 02:27:50 PM »

Been experiencing awful dryness and irritation so have been prescribed Vagirux. I’ve just started it (2nd day in) and today I’ve experienced a slightly brownish discharge, the kind I used to get maybe 2 days after a period had finished). Is this normal?

Flossieteacake

Re: Vagirux newbie
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 02:59:26 PM »

Hello flapsflo and welcome to the forum. Good to hear you have something for the vaginal atrophy as the quickest this is treated the better. Could the discharge be remains of the vagirux?

Flapsflo4

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022, 03:26:17 PM »

Hi there. Thank for response. I’m not sure, as it was brownish colour. It didn’t feel like I scratched anything on the way in, but maybe that’s what’s happened… dunno?? Side effects vs. symptoms ☹️

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 03:29:13 PM »

It could be blood left over from a period. If you are feeling dry you may want to use something like Yes or Sylk to apply the pessary. It will help it to go in. I also like to use those during the day to help with dryness.

Flapsflo4

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2022, 03:50:02 PM »

I haven’t had a period for 10 year, hence my worry. Good idea about Sylk. Maybe that will help the application.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2022, 05:49:27 PM »

I haven’t had a period for 10 year, hence my worry. Good idea about Sylk. Maybe that will help the application.

I understand. I did see it said there can be discharge as a side effect when I looked it up. Hopefully somebody who has experience of this will post soon.

In the meantime you may want to have a look at this thread. It is were members share how vaginal atrophy is going. I have found it helpful.
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,22886.0.html

Dierdre

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2022, 05:58:36 PM »

It's one of the side effects with Vagifem so I assume it will be with Vagirux as they're the same ingredients. It should settle once you're body gets used to it but if not get it checked out.

k3let

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2023, 07:59:33 PM »

Hi,
Getting a bit worried so thought I'd join and see if anyone has had this.  I've had hysterectomy ( ovaries left) at 35. Now 53 and started Vagirux  9 days ago.
On day 7 I noticed a slight nip when putting the applicator in, but nothing major. When I went to wash it I noticed some brownish discharge and a tiny bit of red on the applicator. This has happened day 8 and 9 too. Just a very small amount. I am getting a waxy discharge on my pants quite gloopy and cream in colour but no visible brown or red.
 I have a phone call appointment next Monday with my Doctor's pharmacist to discuss the discharge ( earliest I could get). I  googled and have got myself worried, can anyone share  their expertise. I  have previously been on Ovastin off and on for a couple of years with no visible discharge, just a bit messy with cream so it was decided to try Vagirux and stay on it.
Any advice appreciated. The leaflet stating to stop and contact Doctor if you see blood and other websites stating it is a side effect and your body will adjust has me all confused and I am getting myself is a twist!
Thank you! 

Flossieteacake

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2023, 08:03:20 PM »

Hi,
Getting a bit worried so thought I'd join and see if anyone has had this.  I've had hysterectomy ( ovaries left) at 35. Now 53 and started Vagirux  9 days ago.
On day 7 I noticed a slight nip when putting the applicator in, but nothing major. When I went to wash it I noticed some brownish discharge and a tiny bit of red on the applicator. This has happened day 8 and 9 too. Just a very small amount. I am getting a waxy discharge on my pants quite gloopy and cream in colour but no visible brown or red.
 I have a phone call appointment next Monday with my Doctor's pharmacist to discuss the discharge ( earliest I could get). I  googled and have got myself worried, can anyone share  their expertise. I  have previously been on Ovastin off and on for a couple of years with no visible discharge, just a bit messy with cream so it was decided to try Vagirux and stay on it.
Any advice appreciated. The leaflet stating to stop and contact Doctor if you see blood and other websites stating it is a side effect and your body will adjust has me all confused and I am getting myself is a twist!
Thank you!

Hello and welcome to the forum. You say you felt a nip as you inserted the applicator. Perhaps this caused some bleeding. It may help to get some vaginal moisturiser (I use Yes ) and apply that to the applicator before you insert it.

Please never google any health symptoms. It always comes up with something fatal and will only make you more worried. It is good you have found this forum as you can ask any questions on here and you will find lots of support. :)

Joaniepat

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2023, 07:41:03 AM »

You can also insert the tablet with your finger rather than the applicator, if that would be easier. Flossieteacake's advice to use an appropriate moisturiser when inserting (by either method) is good, as this will also help the pessary to adhere to the vaginal wall and ensure it dissolves.
JP x

k3let

• First Flush
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2023, 04:53:38 PM »

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I will try the moisturiser and my finger tonight. I know I should not google but I panicked a bit and then got super anxious!  Thank you again  ;D

Jules

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2023, 06:38:39 AM »

I had blood staining when I started vagifem. I was told it can be a side effect, i had to stop, had internal exam and ultrasound. Everything was OK but I stayed off it for 8 months as it worried me. Eventually started again and ok so far.