Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Perimenopause  (Read 3052 times)

Katherine

Re: Perimenopause
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2022, 03:24:11 PM »

Hi Jayjem, its up to you, but one thing I have learned the hard way is not to ignore what your body and mind are telling you because in my case it has always lead to things getting worse. If you listen to what your body is telling you and give yourself time to rest and find solutions you can then return to work and things will improve.

Doodle

« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2022, 01:57:47 PM »

Its amazing how little we all have known as it is something that s not talked about or hasnt been in the past. I a making sure my daughter has all the information she needs now even though I hope that it will be many years before she needs it.

Talking about it is so important and I am finding out more from reading posts on this every day.  I must admit the Everel conti bits have scared me a little because I have to start using those patches next fri for 2 weeks. Sounds like they come with a variety of side affects that are not pleasant.

Flossie you are a god send too as I think you were the first person to contact me and have been there since I set up the membership. Thank you x

Hi Jayjem. I think I might be a week ahead of you with the patches. I’m on my first month of Evorel Sequi and put the first conti patch on a few days ago (due to put my second one on today). Like you, I was apprehensive and a little nervous about the conti part. I won’t lie….the day after I put my first conti  patch on, I was incredibly down. I’d had a fairly good couple of weeks prior whilst on the 50 patch, so started panicking, thinking about all the negative reactions to the progesterone part that I’d read about on here. Well here is the good news……yesterday I felt much better than I did on Sunday. And today I feel even better than I did yesterday  :D. I really think it’s going to be trial and error. Like, one size doesn’t fit all, and tweaking may be needed. But all we can do is take one day at a time.

Oh and please don’t feel bad about being off work. I was off for four months. I’ve actually only very recently gone back to work. It’s proving a struggle, but I can do this. And you can too  :).

Jayjem

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2022, 02:32:32 PM »

Thank you Doodle. That is so good to here. I am glad that you are feeling better and the sequi patches are working for you. I hope that you continue to improve. It is also reassuring to hear that people have needed time off work whilst going through this. I cant believe the impact it has on our lives. Was your employer supportive? I am lacking motivation at the moment.  I think that is down to the anxiety. All I want to do is curl up under a duvet and as everyone knows it isnt always possible.

Doodle

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2022, 04:45:00 PM »

Thank you Doodle. That is so good to here. I am glad that you are feeling better and the sequi patches are working for you. I hope that you continue to improve. It is also reassuring to hear that people have needed time off work whilst going through this. I cant believe the impact it has on our lives. Was your employer supportive? I am lacking motivation at the moment.  I think that is down to the anxiety. All I want to do is curl up under a duvet and as everyone knows it isnt always possible.

I was completely oblivious to all things menopause/perimenopause. I naively thought, like so many, that you have a few hot flushes, your periods stop. The end. I had no idea that my plethora of health problems were all potentially hormone related. I didn’t think I’d need to be dealing with anything like this for many years. When I finally did realise, it was like an epiphany. Watching Davina McCalls programs (on the advice of a friend, who could obviously see what my problems were being caused by) had me in floods of tears. Relief really more than anything. I could relate so much. I couldn’t believe it.

My employer has been very supportive. You really don’t need to tell them anything though, if you don’t want to. That is entirely your choice.

Oh and I stayed curled up under the duvet for 4 months. I was convinced I was dying. Seriously. So be kind to yourself. Take the time that you need. It’s going to be rough. We’re going to have ups and downs. But we’re tough, and we’ll get through  :)

Katherine

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2022, 06:46:33 PM »

Same here. I never expected for a drop in my hormones to have such a massive effect on my body and mind. I thought, its natural, so it will be ok, I'll cope, I won't have HRT, etc. My mother never had any symptoms, I thought I'll be the same or they'll be mild. And I'm still having regular periods so I'm not even into the worst of it probably.

If anything we need to give ourselves a pat on the back, for battling on, we are on here, trying our best. I have had to have a significant amount of time off work in the past too, and if you need it, you need it, you have to look after yourself. xxx

Jayjem

« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2022, 07:39:44 PM »

Doodle and Katherine I agree with everything you said. I thought a few hot flushes and no periods. I didn't expect to have all the other things to deal with. It has surprised me how it has all taken over. It has been like a wave. I am so grateful for all these stories as it makes me feel normal at a time when I feel I am not being me.

Katherine

« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2022, 07:44:09 PM »

I’m so glad we’ve helped you feel better  :) x
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]