Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Feet issues  (Read 1642 times)

lisa06031510

Feet issues
« on: November 08, 2022, 09:01:42 AM »

Hi Guys,

I am trying not to blame every health issue I have on Menopause but I am just wondering if anyone has had issues with their feet?? My bones ache and keep getting really bad cramp on them. My Dr sent me for blood tests and I have an appointment next week to discuss and I've not thought of a link between my feet issues and menopause but I just Googled it and it came up as a possibility it's related.
So just wondered if anyone has experienced this??

Dotty

Re: Feet issues
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 09:03:29 AM »

I had terrible pains in my feet and ankles and plantar fasciitis… all disappeared when I got onto tight dose of hrt x

lisa06031510

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022, 09:35:34 AM »

I'm being put on 150mg of HRT for another reason so I wonder if that will help...

Perinowpost

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 10:18:25 AM »

Yes it is a thing. I have ongoing pain in one foot. I have had every scan possible + X-rays and was referred to a podiatrist. He said the bones in my foot have moved and (wait for it) it’s a common problem in menopausal women. I think it’s all to do with declining oestrogen levels.

Sorry it’s not better news. I wear orthotics now all the time and that has helped x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2022, 11:02:32 AM »

I had the worst ever pain on the tops of my feet before HRT. It has improved but I still get the pain sometimes. I hope the higher dose will help you with the pains.

lisa06031510

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2022, 12:19:55 PM »

Oh wow!!!!!

I don't know how I didn't put the 2 together... Think I'm just fed up on blaming everything on Menopause lol

The Dr didn't even mention it could be menopause... But it wasnt my usual Dr to be fair.. so maybe next week they will say that.

Is there any part of our bodies that don't get hot by menopause 🙈

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2022, 12:49:38 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Do check your foot wear: I could solve half the World's problems by looking at the choices that people make for putting on their feet!

Dropped arches can happen during peri.. 

DottyD68

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2022, 10:11:02 PM »

I was referred to a podiatrist in 2018 as I was getting foot pain on the front pads of my soles and also between the arches and inner malleous (bump below ankle). The podiatrist said that there was nothing significantly wrong with my feet but that I had lost fat on the sole pads (I think the only part of my body I had lost weight  ;D ) which is why they felt more boney and uncomfortable especially in bare feet. I wondered if it had something to do with reduced collagen. He also recommended wearing more supportive shoes as I had spent the summer in France wearing flips flops and flat sandals which was unusual for me as I usual live in trainers or supportive shoes. He said flip flops were the worst kind of footwear as your feet are constantly in a gripped position when you walk and there is no support. As CLKD intimated your arches drop as you age and it puts more strain on your feet, ankles and lower legs. If I ever wear flat ballet pump shoes now I can feel it after a day or so, so try to minimise those types of unsupportive shoes when possible.

Ches15

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2022, 07:18:25 AM »

Hi,
I was on Evorel sequi for around 9 months and for the entire time i was on it I had an awful pain in my heel of my left foot. It was so painful first thing on a morning that I couldn’t put any weight on it. As soon as i came off Evorel sequi the pain disappeared and has not returned.
Strangely though, I’ve changed to Lenzetto spray and from the first day of using it i’ve been getting uncomfortable pains under my right arm as if i’ve pulled a muscle! Really bizarre! :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2022, 09:49:16 AM »

Welcome Ches15 - was there a specific spot under the heel?  Sounds like plantar fasciitis which can be very painful, caused by a spur of bone in that area.  Interesting that it eased once you stopped HRT.

Ches15

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2022, 02:07:36 PM »

Hi clkd,
I did think plantar fasciitis. It was defo worst first thing, a very sharp pain covering the whole heel area but only the left affected. It literally stopped completely when I stopped the patches which was a big relief as I do a lot of walking!

Vicky81

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2022, 03:17:44 PM »

Im same as flossie- pains on both feet - the top parts. I too was unsure what this is .....