Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Changing from evorel sequi to conti  (Read 670 times)

Fusseh

Changing from evorel sequi to conti
« on: November 08, 2022, 08:20:56 AM »

I know there have been some threads on this over the years but looking for experiences of those who have done it.

I am 50 and have been on Evorel Sequi for nearly 4 years. It has been ok, but by no means controlled all the psychological symptoms (anxiety, intrusive thoughts, mood swings etc) which are my main problems.

The fluctuations in mood are now my most difficult symptoms and so I'm wondering if changing to Conti would help.

The main issues are 1) whether I will be allowed to as I'm still having irregular but monthly bleeds and 2) whether it will actually help the fluctuating symptoms.

Any of your experiences would be welcome.

Thank you
Fusseh

Dotty

Re: Changing from evorel sequi to conti
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 08:26:50 AM »

Hi if you’re still having symptoms it’s likely that you need more oestrogen x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022, 09:04:54 AM »

Have you noticed whether your anxiety and mood swings are worse during the progesterone phase of the Evorel? The Norethisterone can affect some women in this way. Also, you won't know whether you are still having normal periods while on a sequi HRT as this is designed to give a bleed to keep your womb lining thin.

Taz x

Fusseh

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 09:21:38 AM »

Thanks for the amazingly quick responses. I do use additional estrogen when I am having a mood dip (extra half patch even tho not authorised). But there are quite long periods when I feel stable.

Overtime Evorel sequi seems to have eliminated physical symptoms and lessened psychological symptoms. But my main problem now is dealing with mood fluctuations. My diary shows clearly that I can be absolutely fine (symptoms free) sometimes for a few months and then bam! The psychological symptoms return (mood dip, depression, terrible thoughts  anxiety etc).

Taz I don't seem to have a prob with EC progesterone  in fact diary shows there are times when I'm at my best on the prog phase.

I want to feel stable. The mood dips are scary and mean I don't have confidence to plan things.  Its the fluctuating that has become my main problem.