Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Vestibule vulvodynia  (Read 843 times)

Rhinoslass

Vestibule vulvodynia
« on: November 07, 2022, 05:18:25 PM »

Can any one please help me. They think I have vestibule vulvodynia it hurts to sit down. Pain always tgere. Feel as though its effecting my bone at entrance. Been on 70 amitriptyline no help been on gabapentin no help. This has been going on for well over a year. Vulva changes on vagifem. Ym it's totally crippling me. Went to see a private gynecologist on sat. He is gonna give me some dermovate as said I am red and sore no itch no patches. If this dosnt help biopsy in 2 months.  Did say can use more vagifem. I just want my life back. Labia has deflated and do feel a bit sore internally.  Sex what's that terrified and I know I shouldn't be. Every thing seems to be hurting pubic area hip and bum cheek.  Has anyone had this please. Need some reassuring thankyou xx

Taz2

Re: Vestibule vulvodynia
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 06:33:10 PM »

This condition sounds so miserable.  How long did you use the gabapentin for? Can you have pregabalin instead? Also lidocaine is supposed to be good. It's an anaesthetic gel for relief of pain. I think I posted this link on one of your other threads but you may have missed it https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vulvodynia/

Have you also searched the forum as it is mentioned quite a few times and you may pick up some tips from the posts.

Taz x  :hug:

Rhinoslass

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2022, 07:27:23 PM »

Hi yes tried them all. It's soul destroying. Fed up of all the burning inside and out. Used vagifem sat/sun now feel burning just wondering could it be thrush. That's causing the burning. No itch but feel as thou I feel a bit thick up there. If you get what I mean

Minusminnie

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2022, 08:22:47 PM »

If you take a 150 mg fluconazole oral capsule that could rule out the thrush if it might be that. A gynae told me that thrush is systemic anyway & the capsule the best way to tackle it. I’ve had vulva pain for some time amitriptyline , gabapentin & pregabalin in the past did very little to help at any titrated level.  That leaves vagifem & Ovestin in the armoury & trial & error with that.  You may find some answers or others experience on the Healthunlocked website under pelvic pain or the Hope pudendal website but later site is quite depressing.  I read in your earlier posts that you have had prolapse surgery do you think that something might stem back to that with nerves being disturbed ? Burning can come from nerves or tightened muscles. Just my thoughts.