Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Perimenopause  (Read 2996 times)

Flossieteacake

Re: Perimenopause
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2022, 08:59:32 PM »

When something is overwhelming, it is understandable to feel anxious at the thought of it. You mentioned work colleagues have sent kind messages. I would say that means they are supportive.

You need time to recover and just allow yourself the chance to heal and just be. I have found taking one day at a time the most helpful. You just need to get through tonight. A good nights sleep is what you need right now.

Jayjem

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2022, 02:32:25 PM »

Thank you Flossie.  I didn't have a good nights sleep last night. I had a couple of panic attacks and some very weird dreams. Is this common?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2022, 02:36:27 PM »

Thank you Flossie.  I didn't have a good nights sleep last night. I had a couple of panic attacks and some very weird dreams. Is this common?

Oh no! How are you feeling now? I would say that panic attacks are due to your anxiety about going back to work. I have such weird and vivid dreams nightly now. They are horrible and distressing. I am sorry you had such a bad night.

Jayjem

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2022, 02:50:29 PM »

Flossie I think you are right. I really do not know what to do about it. I do not like this feeling though. I am sorry you have such vivid dreams. It seems to be one thing after another doesn't it. My mind is whirring and I cant switch off today. I am very tired and do not have any energy. I hate this feeling. I cannot make a decision to save my life either which is extremely annoying. All I want to do is sleep or watch TV which is not good for you. I feel a little down and just want to be me again tbh. However when I read some of the posts on here and when I think of what is going on in the world I do feel guilty for feeling that way. Today I just want to find me.

Smokey

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2022, 02:56:54 PM »

Hello ladies

Have any of you struggling with anxiety thought of trying magnesium triple blend capsels I swear by them and take two each day they certainly help with anxiety and sleep although they normally take a couple of months to work for that.

Have a read up on magnesium and menopause you will be surprised at the importance of this mineral at this time not our lives.

Jayjem

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2022, 02:58:48 PM »

Hi Smokey.  Thank you for the suggestion.  I will do some research. I am glad it is helping you.

Jayjem

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2022, 03:08:17 PM »

Just done a bit of research and I think I will give the magnesium a try. Is it ok to take it with HRT? Anything to help me feel less anxious.  I now have to be brave enough to leave the house to get it.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2022, 05:56:54 PM »

Flossie I think you are right. I really do not know what to do about it. I do not like this feeling though. I am sorry you have such vivid dreams. It seems to be one thing after another doesn't it. My mind is whirring and I cant switch off today. I am very tired and do not have any energy. I hate this feeling. I cannot make a decision to save my life either which is extremely annoying. All I want to do is sleep or watch TV which is not good for you. I feel a little down and just want to be me again tbh. However when I read some of the posts on here and when I think of what is going on in the world I do feel guilty for feeling that way. Today I just want to find me.

Anxiety is anxiety. Whatever the cause, if somebody feels so anxious it is affecting their life then it is unfair to think others 'have it worse'. There is a lot of guilt around mental health were people think they are more fortunate then another person may be and then feel guilty. This does not change how they feel though so it is not a fair comparison.

You mentioned you are thinking of therapy. What is happening with that? I would say that is something that would help you such a lot. You have not been on HRT for very long and in time the fatigue should improve with this.

When anxious it really is so hard to make any decision or even think straight. Allow yourself the time to just be and not have to make any decisions just yet.

If you want to just watch TV then I do not see any harm in that. You could have some me time. I believe we just need to get through a difficult time and if it is something that is not harmful then I would do that.

It is fine to take magnesium with HRT. You can always order it online to save going out too.

Jayjem

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2022, 06:59:19 PM »

My boss has just messaged me. She said she wanted me to know she is thinking of me and asked how i am. I really dont know what to say.

VanillaLover

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2022, 07:18:58 PM »

Hello,

I’m a little late to this I’m afraid but I just wanted to say I’m sorry that you are struggling, I’ve been where you are 100% and it can and will improve for you. It sounds like anxiety is the worst symptom for you right now? I have had mental health problems all my life but was ok on my tablets until peri started to rear it’s head about 3 years ago. I’ve had to start HRT, have a course of CBT and change antidepressant to get any sort of a handle on it.

Even so I still have days where I suffer from anxiety symptoms due to hormones but I’m much more able to cope with them now.

Please stay with the forum if it helps, lots of people are struggling and we can all try to support each other x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2022, 07:46:53 PM »

My boss has just messaged me. She said she wanted me to know she is thinking of me and asked how i am. I really dont know what to say.

You do not have to respond. If you do not feel up to replying then that is okay.

Jayjem

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2022, 09:24:59 PM »

Thank you for sharing VanillaLover. Yes the anxiety is really bad at the moment. Having an attack and trying to breathe through it at the moment. I know I am being illogical but I cant seem to help it. I can't wait till i feel like being me again.

Katherine

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2022, 10:41:24 PM »

Hi jayjem, I really feel that you could do with a rest, it seems like your body and mind are crying out for a rest. If you can just stay off work until you feel better, allow yourself the time to rest and heal and not feel guilty, really take care of you I think you will be alright. You can order magnesium online and have it delivered. I take remag from botanica health and it’s honestly fantastic for anxiety so it’s the betteryou spray from Holland and Barrett. I felt so much better after a few sprays of it honestly. It sounds like your colleagues are supportive. so in the short term I suggest rest, self care and magnesium and in the longer term, therapy. Have you got someone at home to support you? X

Jayjem

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2022, 02:38:22 PM »

Thank you Katherine. Yes I do have people around me at home so I am ok there. I am exhausted and whether that be menopausal or life or a combination of the two I dont know. My body does need the rest I think you are right but I am worried that having 7 weeks off work will cause problems. I am finding it so hard to make a decision.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2022, 03:17:39 PM »

What if going to work causes health problems? Then you may need to take more time off work.

I imagine the message from your boss made you feel pressure too.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4