Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Femoston Ultra low & dizziness  (Read 1538 times)

warwick01

Femoston Ultra low & dizziness
« on: November 03, 2022, 08:33:04 AM »

Morning Ladies,

I am just finishing my 4th month of Femoston Conti Ultra low. I am actually doing ok apart from at times panic looming in the background and increase in joint pain. The main issue is dizziness especially if I turn my head occasionally. I need to hold on it's kind of vertigo which then results in a muzzy headache. The day/nights sweats have stopped. The Oestrogel never seemed to control my sweats and always felt wired.

I would like to carry on but hate these dizzy spells, hope they reduce soon. I read being on the ultra dose takes longed to settle?? Anyone has experience of this??

Wxx 

Taz2

Re: Femoston Ultra low & dizziness
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 07:15:30 AM »

As the dizziness/ vertigo happens when you turn your head I think this is probably unrelated to your hrt. This can be caused by arthritis in the neck though. The Menieres site has its of information on the causes of vertigo or dizziness. I've linked to the page which mentions this https://www.menieres.org.uk/information-and-support/symptoms-and-conditions/non-vestibular-causes-of-dizziness-and-imbalance. An appointment with a physiotherapist might be helpful.

Taz x

warwick01

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2022, 02:51:34 PM »

Thanks Taz

Its just very frightening. Funny thought my hip pain has got far worse so wondering if its due to drop in Oestrogen.

Wx

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2022, 03:10:03 PM »

Hi it sounds like a lack of oestrogen x

warwick01

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2022, 06:33:41 PM »

Hi

All I can say is both the hip pain and dizziness came on a couple of weeks into Femoston ultra low, was on 3 pumps of Oestrogel . Scared to increase in case dizziness gets worse. One other thing I forgot to mention, I get this adrenaline burse in pit of my stomach when I have a dizzy spell. Usually happen in the mornings :-\

Wx

Tinacros

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2022, 09:03:46 PM »

My oestrogen dropped really low on that it went to 111…. I’ve just had a private test and my oestrogen is 1615 😳😳 on a 50 patch, but I do leave my old patch on when I replace a new one ☺️☺️

warwick01

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2022, 03:19:29 PM »

Hi Tinacros

Was you on the ultra low dose?? it has managed to relive the night sweats and flushes.
 Thanks Wx

Tinacros

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2022, 12:57:13 PM »

Yes I was. It was way too low for me. It was a male gynaecologists idea.  Apparently I’d been on hrt long enough and wanted me weaned off it. My female GP went mad and put me back on patches lol x

pepperminty

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2022, 08:40:33 AM »

Hi yes the same happened to me and it is ongoing.

When on prempac C ( years ago) I had no pain and stopped limping overnight. But the progesterone drove me insane. There seems to be something in Femosten that can cause more aches. I tried increasing my dose and it made the pain worse.

So yes it does cause pain in some it seems. I don't know why - there must be an explanation! I wish i knew what it was.

PMxx

warwick01

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2022, 02:28:51 PM »

Thanks Ladies

Yes, i am sure the hip pain and limping is due to the Femoston. I am seeing a physio tomorrow. It is worse at night and keeps me awake.

Wx