Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Ok for a couple of weeks but then...  (Read 1143 times)

discogirl

Ok for a couple of weeks but then...
« on: November 05, 2022, 11:31:53 AM »

On 22nd October I increased my estraderm patch from 37.5mcg to 50 patch.

Where symptoms are concerned things seem fine when I first increase for about the first 2 weeks but then symptoms seem to creep back.

Is this my body still adjusting to the increase in patch strength even after 2 weeks or is this my body saying I need more estrogen?

Thanks x

Dotty

Re: Ok for a couple of weeks but then...
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2022, 12:43:56 PM »

Probably saying you need more. xx

discogirl

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2022, 12:51:53 PM »

i thought that as i remembered what you said about just before you went up to 75 xxx thanks dotty

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2022, 01:01:15 PM »

Hi not me on 75….I use gel 😊.

discogirl

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2022, 01:06:17 PM »

sorry i meant when you needed to increase. 

you use 4 pumps of gel dont you. what is that equivalent to in patch strength x

Nik2502

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2022, 01:17:39 PM »

Hi

I’m finding the same. I’m up to 150 oestrogen now and I think it’s too much but it has only been a week. My anxiety and tearfulness is creeping back though.
It’s such a minefield.

Nic x

Dotty

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2022, 01:24:54 PM »

Hi 4 pumps is roughly equivalent to 100 patch x

discogirl

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2022, 05:57:14 PM »

Hi

I’m finding the same. I’m up to 150 oestrogen now and I think it’s too much but it has only been a week. My anxiety and tearfulness is creeping back though.
It’s such a minefield.

Nic x

Hi Nik2502,

150 estrogen is a lot, but I guess if you need it, you need it.

Is that gel or patches or what?

If you've only been on this 1 week its too early to say but I'd be interested to see how you are in a few weeks.

have you noticed any difference at all since you've been on the increase.

What did you increase from by the way?

Nik2502

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2022, 07:32:01 PM »

Hi

It is a lot but I’ve always needed higher doses of medication.

Im on 100 estradot patch and 2 pumps oestrogel, 5mg Provera and Androfemme.
I increased from the 100 patch over the past few weeks. 

It has been a bumpy week but I’ve finally stopped crying which I hope is a positive sign! N xx

discogirl

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2022, 08:07:56 PM »

hi nik2502

im so glad the crying has stopped.

what about your other symptoms have they lessened xx

Emsie

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2022, 01:35:01 PM »

Hi

This is my 3rd attempt on HRT.......

I re-started just over 5 weeks ago at 50mg Estradot, doc said increase to 75 mg if no changes at all after 2 weeks. I increased and had 8 amazing days....it was like OMG is this life without all the peri rubbish...then anxiety etc came back but even worse. 

Stuck with it at 75 mg.  I then had to go on utrogestan, which I was dreading as my previous experience was awful.  But was told to use vaginally and report back. 

First week I felt low and drowsy but the increased anxiety started a few days before starting this, so I emailed my doc.  She said to increase to the next phase of 100 mg, which I have.

My first week on utrogestan hasn't been as awful as before, and I have had a couple of days of no anxiety....I still have a week to go on utrogestan, but I am hoping it will be ok.....and I am hoping the 100mg is now kicking in.

So from my experience you start low which seems to help but I think once body starts receiving it, it then decides if it needs more, which to me if your symptoms are coming back is the sign.  I will now be sticking at 100mg until my review late December....

Good luck x

discogirl

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2022, 02:26:36 PM »

Hi

This is my 3rd attempt on HRT.......

I re-started just over 5 weeks ago at 50mg Estradot, doc said increase to 75 mg if no changes at all after 2 weeks. I increased and had 8 amazing days....it was like OMG is this life without all the peri rubbish...then anxiety etc came back but even worse. 

Stuck with it at 75 mg.  I then had to go on utrogestan, which I was dreading as my previous experience was awful.  But was told to use vaginally and report back. 

First week I felt low and drowsy but the increased anxiety started a few days before starting this, so I emailed my doc.  She said to increase to the next phase of 100 mg, which I have.

My first week on utrogestan hasn't been as awful as before, and I have had a couple of days of no anxiety....I still have a week to go on utrogestan, but I am hoping it will be ok.....and I am hoping the 100mg is now kicking in.

So from my experience you start low which seems to help but I think once body starts receiving it, it then decides if it needs more, which to me if your symptoms are coming back is the sign.  I will now be sticking at 100mg until my review late December....

Good luck x

Hi Emsie,

How lovely of you to share your experience.

I hope you continue to feel well.

I think, in fact, I'm sure, anxiety is propagating my sleep issues. It all started with me getting unilateral tinnitus, which is actually ok now. But it all culminated in me thinking that I may also need hrt.

I'm on 50 patch I increased on 22nd October so I will give it until January, see how I am and then assess the situation.

It's such a fine line isn't it between getting just enough of the hormones we need but not too much

Take care and thanks for reaching out xx

Emsie

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2022, 02:55:52 PM »

You are welcome, the support from these groups are amazing.

I hope I do too, as it’s been a long and hard journey since I was 45 (now 49). I have seriously thought I was going mad.

I do also take Anti depressants, and whilst they haven’t totalled worked, they have had some affect and kept my head above the water line..just…

I am actually plsd to be going through it as i can’t wait not to have to worry about periods and contraception..I just didn’t think for one minute it would be this hard.

I was also told it’s difficult for us to have way too much as what we get from HRT is a lot less than our body makes.

I hope it all settles down for you..keep us posted. X

discogirl

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2022, 04:26:27 PM »

this forum has been a lifeline for me and the women on here are amazing.

i didnt know that the hrt we get is way lower than what our bodies make.

i will keep you posted.

message me whenever you want. i hope you get sorted and thanks so much for your support x