Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: dont know what to do  (Read 3592 times)

Katherine

Re: dont know what to do
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2022, 01:06:15 PM »

Mollydolly what a lovely post, it brought tears to my eyes!!

discogirl

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2022, 03:32:59 PM »

Hi Discogirl

I didn't wait too long before I increased it to be honest.  As long as you increase it slowly.  I went up from the 50 to 62.5.  So basically I just added half of a 25 with the 50.  It worked a treat.  I then tried to go up again to 75 (pushing my luck) but it was too much.
It really is trial and error and we are all so different.  It took me ages to get it right.  But also remember life gets in the way as well which has an affect on us.  So its not just always down to our annoying hormones or lack of.  Just try to be kind to yourself and take it slowly.  A little exercise, even if its just a nice morning walk along with a healthy diet will help you deal with all this.  I promise it does get better and you will get there.  This is just the beginning of the other half of your life darling.  Take care  xx

Hi Mollydolly,

I'm so sorry I haven't responded sooner, however I've been out.

What a lovely lovely post. I've actually been feeling the worst I've felt in a very very long time today.

I was attempting to wean off my 10mg amitrypline by cutting a bit off, this is the third day and boy oh boy has my anxiety shot up. Plus I didn't sleep well again last night.

Spoke to my gp today, he's lovely, and he's given me oestrogel to try to see how I get on with that.

Your post has meant the absolute world to me; thank you from the bottom of my heart xxxx

Lots of love xxxx

discogirl

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2022, 05:09:50 PM »

Hi Discogirl

I didn't wait too long before I increased it to be honest.  As long as you increase it slowly.  I went up from the 50 to 62.5.  So basically I just added half of a 25 with the 50.  It worked a treat.  I then tried to go up again to 75 (pushing my luck) but it was too much.
It really is trial and error and we are all so different.  It took me ages to get it right.  But also remember life gets in the way as well which has an affect on us.  So its not just always down to our annoying hormones or lack of.  Just try to be kind to yourself and take it slowly.  A little exercise, even if its just a nice morning walk along with a healthy diet will help you deal with all this.  I promise it does get better and you will get there.  This is just the beginning of the other half of your life darling.  Take care  xx

:foryou:

Flossieteacake

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2022, 05:17:11 PM »

Disco I am so sorry to hear what a bad day you have had. I am glad you have a nice GP as that really helps. I hope you get a better sleep tonight.

discogirl

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2022, 05:20:56 PM »

Disco I am so sorry to hear what a bad day you have had. I am glad you have a nice GP as that really helps. I hope you get a better sleep tonight.

I've just messaged you!!!!

I've decided to try the gel; I don't know Flossie, I don't know whether I need to increase the patch strength, but when I do increase my sleep only improves for about 14 days; whether I'm not absorbing the patches or whether my symptoms really aren't menpausal.

I was trying to taper off my amitrypline, I really hate the drug, I'm only on 10mg and I take that in the morning, but my gp says to stay on it at 10mg for the time being so as not to change too much.

I really don't know whether to increase my patch to 62.5 or to take the plunge and try the gel.

I've just heard a lot of women have issues with consistency with the gel; I don't want my estrogen to spike and then plummet xxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2022, 05:23:31 PM »

I've decided to try the gel; I don't know Flossie, I don't know whether I need to increase the patch strength, but when I do increase my sleep only improves for about 14 days; whether I'm not absorbing the patches or whether my symptoms really aren't menpausal.

I was trying to taper off my amitrypline, I really hate the drug, I'm only on 10mg and I take that in the morning, but my gp says to stay on it at 10mg for the time being so as not to change too much.

I really don't know whether to increase my patch to 62.5 or to take the plunge and try the gel.

I've just heard a lot of women have issues with consistency with the gel; I don't want my estrogen to spike and then plummet xxx

I totatlly understand your dilema. I thought you may try tapering off amitripiline first and then see how things go. I understand that will take time and it is hard waiting when feeling so bad.

discogirl

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2022, 05:26:48 PM »

I totatlly understand your dilema. I thought you may try tapering off amitripiline first and then see how things go. I understand that will take time and it is hard waiting when feeling so bad.

Well I've got the gel, and that's an idea actually that I could just try tapering off the amitrypline first.

I'm doing it slowly, I have a pill cutter and it will probably take a few weeks xxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2022, 05:31:45 PM »

Well I've got the gel, and that's an idea actually that I could just try tapering off the amitrypline first.

I'm doing it slowly, I have a pill cutter and it will probably take a few weeks xxx

That is a good idea. Nice and slow to avoid any side effects. :)

discogirl

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2022, 07:44:26 PM »

Hi Discogirl
You’re not alone with all this. I and many other of the ladies on here have done exactly what you’re doing. It’s all trial and error. It’s all so new for you as well. It’s taken me sooo long to realise what is right for me and it was so easy to get my myself het up especially if I had a few nights of insomnia. I was in a right state at times. But just take one day at a time and it will all soon become clearer.
I actually used to like the gel although I felt a little a nauseous a short while after application.  And then that wears off and I felt great. The reason i stopped was I kept waking up during the night as if the gel had worn off and then I tried applying at night which was the worst decision ever as I got wired and agitated. Tossing and turning all night. So I think for me the patch was much more steady. I somehow feel much calmer and steady on the patch.
Before you know it all this anxiety will be a distant memory. Better days are just around the corner lovely. Keep going. Xx

HI Mollydolly,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with the gel.

You're right it is trial and error, I can only try the gel and if it doesn't work maybe go back to the patch.

Can I ask what patch you're currently using?

I'm on estraderm 50 but to be honest, I increased from 25 to 37.5 after a few weeks then to 50. It just seemed that everytime I increased I slept fairly well for a few nights, then it was back to not sleeping.

Thank you so very much for your encouragement, your words have really really helped me today.

Thank you so very very much xxxx

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2022, 07:56:42 PM »

Sorry to hear you are struggling, as the other ladies have said, try one thing at once. Don’t try and reduce your medication at the same time as changing your hrt.

Take one step at a time, so you can see what’s happening?

Just a thought, you are on Estraderm, I’m sure I’ve read that they are quite big patches, have you thought of swapping to Estradot which are small and stick well.

For what it’s worth, I hated my antidepressant medication when I first started it, but I’ve come to realise that it works perfectly, only when my hormones are balanced.

discogirl

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2022, 08:01:02 PM »

Sorry to hear you are struggling, as the other ladies have said, try one thing at once. Don’t try and reduce your medication at the same time as changing your hrt.

Take one step at a time, so you can see what’s happening?

Just a thought, you are on Estraderm, I’m sure I’ve read that they are quite big patches, have you thought of swapping to Estradot which are small and stick well.

For what it’s worth, I hated my antidepressant medication when I first started it, but I’ve come to realise that it works perfectly, only when my hormones are balanced.

Hi MIS71MUM,

Yes you're right about taking stuff one step at a time; I will get off the ADs but I know it will take time.

The estraderm are big patches, that didn't bother me it was just when I increased which weren't big increases my symptoms only went away for about 14 days.

I can only try the gel and go back to patches if the gel doesn't work.

Thanks so very much for your advice and for taking the time to reply xxx
Pages: 1 2 [3]