Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan help please  (Read 1178 times)

Suzie101

• First Flush
Utrogestan help please
« on: November 05, 2022, 08:38:48 PM »

Hello ladies, after some advice please. I recently changed to estradot 25mg patches and Utrogestan 200mg vaginally. I have started the Utrogestan for the first time and have taken it for the past 3 nights and I feel absolutely terrible, so angry one minute and crying the next, dizzy, nauseous and jittery. It’s gotten worse after each lot and I feel so bad today I don’t want to take any more 😢 Can I just stop taking it after only 3 days? I’ve googled it and says to either reduce the dose gradually (preferred) or stop after the current cycle. I really don’t want to take anymore. I will stop the patch also
« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 08:47:08 PM by Suzie101 »

Flossieteacake

Re: Utrogestan help please
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2022, 08:45:23 PM »

Hello suzie. I am sorry to hear what a bad effect utrogestan has had on you. I would just stop it right away. I had the same experience and had to stop it too. I personally would carry on with the estradot and contact your GP on Monday so ask for a different progesterone. I hope the side effects wear off soon for you.

Suzie101

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2022, 08:57:52 PM »

Thank you for replying, how long did it take for you to feel better after stopping it? It’s actually quite scary how all over the place I feel today. I was on evorel sequi for 2 month’s previously and felt great the 2 weeks I was on the progesterone part but really bloated to the point I couldn’t eat when I was taking the oestrogen only part, GP thought the oestrogen was too high so recommended trying this combination

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2022, 09:16:20 PM »

I think it was a few days. I can understand you feeling scared as it is a horrible feeling. I hope you can take things gently the next few days.

Stargazer

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2022, 09:49:12 PM »

I stopped my Utrogestan for the same reasons as you sounds like you might be Progesterone Intolerant.  I stopped it dead after using it for a year and felt better within 24 hours good luck

Suzie101

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2022, 10:12:03 PM »

Thank you, hopefully I will feel better in the next day or two. Can I ask if you’re taking any other form of progesterone?

Miss piggy

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2022, 08:42:33 PM »

Following

Mummytron

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2022, 12:51:38 PM »

I've just started hrt and only had 1 night of utrogen and I feel awful. I think its hrt in general though. I've just had that nausea, dizzy and jittery feeling you have, I thought I was going to pass out. How do people manage feeling like that? I've not gone to work and put of going anywhere when it comes out of nowhere like that.

Suzie101

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2022, 07:48:15 PM »

Hi Mummytron, hope you are feeling a bit better, it’s not a nice feeling at all. I didn’t take anymore of the Utrogestan after 3 days of getting worse each time. I have spoken to my GP and she’s suggested I try Norethisterone 5mg tablets instead. I’m hoping they suit me better 🤞

Mummytron

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2022, 10:34:28 PM »

Hi Suzie101,
I'm so washed out. My GP has told me to stop for 2 weeks to make sure the symptoms are from the hrt. Not sure how I feel about that. The anxiety I have is making me feel like there's something seriously wrong with me, which is unreasonable. Just want to feel like myself again.
Is Norithisterone a progesterone?

Suzie101

• First Flush
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2022, 11:21:57 PM »

I totally understand the anxiety, I‘ve suffered with health anxiety on and off over the years and peri has definitely made it worse.
With regards to stopping for 2 weeks, you’ll just have to do what you think is best. You may just need a different type of hrt.
Norethisterone is a synthetic progesterone, which I’m actually a little worried about taking (good ol anxiety again) orally with it being synthetic. I’m sure lots of ladies do and I may actually feel ok on it so going to give it a go.

Good luck

Mummytron

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2022, 06:45:31 AM »

Anxiety is awful isn't it, but when the hormones mix with it, it really is something else!
Good luck to you too xx

Katherine

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2022, 09:38:18 AM »

Just found this post, I’m sorry you feel so bad. Yes it sounds like you need to stop what you are taking. Then when you feel better you could try 100mg utrogestan or a different type of progesterone like a Mirena.I hope you feel better soon.x