Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vaginial atrophy pain  (Read 2013 times)

Strugglinglady

Re: Vaginial atrophy pain
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2022, 07:43:55 AM »

I have considered that. I think I just don’t think about it when I’m not having the symptoms but I think now I have to address That this could be VA Plus painful bladder syndrome or  something similar. Will definitely discuss this with the doc on Monday. Thank you.

Lyncola

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2022, 09:08:37 AM »

Hi Strugglinglady
I’m a fellow Aussie too, and yes we do have Ovestin here.
I just like to point out to anyone suffering vagina atrophy, I’m at a point where I’m now taken two less Vagifem a week, I’m doing that well. How?
I started vagina atrophy problems four years ago at age 44, four months after my hysterectomy, I’ve still got my ovaries? 
First year crap, second year crap, I’ve been on just Ovestin and just Vagifem. On my third year I was doing well 90% plus better. Im now doing three nights on, one night off. And using both Vagifem and Ovestin internally and externally (different nights internally).
This year I started going downhill? Why, then it click to me, my husband had a major operation no sex for ten weeks.
So for the first time in my life, I’ve bought my first dildo and clitoris stimulator (recommended by my Facebook vagina atrophy group) GAME CHANGER
I’m now reducing my Vagifem, every slowly every 3 months before I will cut one more Vagifem out of my weekly treatment.
I’m now only very second night of Vagifem internally and Ovestin externally. And only using one moisturiser Yes VM and a day instead of three. I use my dildo and clitoris stimulator every third day for ten minutes, and hubby gets to join in the fun if he wants too.
Im now at 99% plus better, in February if I’m still doing well, I will cut back to three Vagifem a week.
So I highly recommend that when you get to a comfortable level, regular dildo and clitoris stimulator really helps you get to the next level.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 09:11:37 AM by Lyncola »

Nancy

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2022, 04:45:12 PM »

I have unable to have sex for over 4 years now. It began to get very painful so it really wasn't possible. After a number of medical appointments in various places  :o, I was told it was diminishing Oestregen levels. No one mentioned VA but I have discovered more here than I have any where else. I am now a bit more confident and really want to give intimacy a 'good go' again. I'm fed up. I bought the excellent book by Jane Lewis and it has been way more comforting than the 10 plus medical appointments I have had.

A couple of questions - I have been referred to a Dermatologist as a next step (appointment next June!). I am really wondering if that is worth pursuing? My plan is to: Vagifem x 5-7 x 2 weeks and Yes lubricant every other day whilst practising a stretch with dilators I have bought. Any advice as to whether this is a good plan? I really need to get this sorted and want to give it my best (I will be terrified though!).

thanks ladies

Flossieteacake

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2022, 04:57:59 PM »

I have unable to have sex for over 4 years now. It began to get very painful so it really wasn't possible. After a number of medical appointments in various places  :o, I was told it was diminishing Oestregen levels. No one mentioned VA but I have discovered more here than I have any where else. I am now a bit more confident and really want to give intimacy a 'good go' again. I'm fed up. I bought the excellent book by Jane Lewis and it has been way more comforting than the 10 plus medical appointments I have had.

A couple of questions - I have been referred to a Dermatologist as a next step (appointment next June!). I am really wondering if that is worth pursuing? My plan is to: Vagifem x 5-7 x 2 weeks and Yes lubricant every other day whilst practising a stretch with dilators I have bought. Any advice as to whether this is a good plan? I really need to get this sorted and want to give it my best (I will be terrified though!).

thanks ladies

Hello Nancy. I am sorry to hear your VA is bad. Vagifem will help you inside and I would use it every single day. If you ask for Ovestin (which is a cream) you can use that on the outer area. While Vagifem helps the inside it will not help the outer area as it is a pessary not a cream. Both combined will be a huge help for you.

Yes is a nice and gentle moisturiser and you can use it every day. You can even apply a bit to the Vagifem to help with the inserting.

There is no harm to see the dermatologist if you wanted to get your skin checked out.

Here is a thread were members discuss VA. I thought I would link it to see if it was helpful for you.
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,22886.0.html

Nancy

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2022, 05:15:36 PM »

Thanks so much Flossieteacake and for sharing the link. I will disappear into that this evening!

I have no problem inserting Vagifem and have been recommended Yes lubricant. I haven't tried Ovestin nor has it been suggested. I am able to use a mid-size dilator and I will try 'stretching' with this for a while. However, when it comes to dtd, the pain too much both outside and in. Apologies for the detailed info, but there is no other way of saying it  :D. MY gp recently had a look and it was pretty painful up top when she opened the speculum. I'm wondering is it bladder or has it just all shrunk!

I'll give all that a go - maybe I need to do it for a month solid, gradually increasing dilator size. I found a great site recommended here with exercises to try. I just want to give a proper go as I had resigned myself to sex no more, sigh!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2022, 05:33:16 PM »

Thanks so much Flossieteacake and for sharing the link. I will disappear into that this evening!

I have no problem inserting Vagifem and have been recommended Yes lubricant. I haven't tried Ovestin nor has it been suggested. I am able to use a mid-size dilator and I will try 'stretching' with this for a while. However, when it comes to dtd, the pain too much both outside and in. Apologies for the detailed info, but there is no other way of saying it  :D. MY gp recently had a look and it was pretty painful up top when she opened the speculum. I'm wondering is it bladder or has it just all shrunk!

I'll give all that a go - maybe I need to do it for a month solid, gradually increasing dilator size. I found a great site recommended here with exercises to try. I just want to give a proper go as I had resigned myself to sex no more, sigh!

Usually GP's do not know we can use two different local Oestrogens but you can and many members do on here. It is good you do not have any trouble inserting the vagifem. I can imagine how painful it must have been to have the examination. If you are sore then that will only hurt.

Good luck with the dilator's.

I just managed to find out what dtd means.  ;D I had no idea. Nothing is too much information on here and sex will hurt until your atrophy improves.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 05:35:06 PM by Flossieteacake »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2022, 05:42:15 PM »

It's a condition which requires management.

1 can use a vagifem pessary in the afternoon and again at night, plus pain relief as necessary.  Some require treatment nightly.  As the spincter shuts off urine flow there maybe an intense nip!   :o. Ovestin or 'yes' for example applied nightly around the outer labia can ease any dryness. 

Nancy

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2022, 08:25:40 AM »

Thanks Flossiecake and clkd for your replies. I'll try that. I've just read Jane Lewis's chapter on DTD ;) and she has some good tips. It has been such a comforting read and I'm nowhere as bad as she was thankfully. She, and this forum,  have given me more hope than any medical practitioner and if I'd known what to do way back when this all started I'd be so much better off. Anyway, thanks for the support, now to get my new regime in place. It would be amazing if it worked. X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2022, 09:20:50 AM »

Every medic and Vet should read "Me and My Menopausal Vagina"!!! 
Pages: 1 [2]