Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cutting evorel sequi patches  (Read 1824 times)

Miss piggy

Cutting evorel sequi patches
« on: November 04, 2022, 07:58:10 PM »

I would like to do a slow taper. Has anyone cut like 1/8 off at a time?
I know people talk about quarter and half but I would be interested if anyone has done it much less at a time.
Thank you

Miss piggy

Re: Cutting evorel sequi patches
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 07:55:45 PM »

Bump

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022, 07:57:10 PM »

Sorry Miss Piggy. I have never used these so I do not know. I just know with Oestrogen patches they need to be cut diagonally. I know that is no help to you.

Miss piggy

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 08:17:08 PM »

Thank you flossie. Are you still on cerezette?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2022, 08:50:46 PM »

Thank you flossie. Are you still on cerezette?

I came off as I am progesterone intolerant. The menopause clinic are still trying to cone up with a solution for me for progesterone.

Miss piggy

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2022, 08:59:33 PM »

Thanks flossie. Are you not on any hrt just now?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2022, 09:10:27 PM »

Thanks flossie. Are you not on any hrt just now?

I am on oestrogen only patches until the menopause clinic can come up with a progestrone I can tolerate.

Miss piggy

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2022, 09:23:27 PM »

Thank you Flossie

Flossieteacake

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2022, 09:42:46 PM »

Miss piggy

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2022, 09:54:34 PM »

I am wondering if I could cut it into 1/8 using diagonal cuts like a cake. Instead of strips across but I do not know. I am scared of the impact on the diazepam taper.
Thank you again

Flossieteacake

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2022, 09:59:08 PM »

I am wondering if I could cut it into 1/8 using diagonal cuts like a cake. Instead of strips across but I do not know. I am scared of the impact on the diazepam taper.
Thank you again

Are you tapering off diazepam and the patches at the same time? If so I wonder if you could choose one to taper off first. I know tapering off any medication can give side effects and if you had side effects from both at the same time it may be harder.

Miss piggy

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2022, 02:39:25 PM »

Thank you again

Are you tapering off diazepam and the patches at the same time? If so I wonder if you could choose one to taper off first. I know tapering off any medication can give side effects and if you had side effects from both at the same time it may be harder.

I can choose but they are saying not to do it till my mood has lifted. I am now wondering if it is too much or too little HRT causing this anxiety and low mood

Flossieteacake

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2022, 02:56:40 PM »

Thank you again

I can choose but they are saying not to do it till my mood has lifted. I am now wondering if it is too much or too little HRT causing this anxiety and low mood

That is really difficult. I can see their point about waiting until your mood has lifted. Is there a reason you think the HRT may be causing the low mood and anxiety?

Miss piggy

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2022, 03:07:56 PM »

I wondered if it was the ingredients in the patch which was making me feel so bad.

Then I get worried what if I need more HRT to feel good?

So now i am not sure whether to try and stop the HRT or increase. Problem is the diazapam is also a key player here.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2022, 03:10:11 PM »

I wondered if it was the ingredients in the patch which was making me feel so bad.

Then I get worried what if I need more HRT to feel good?

So now i am not sure whether to try and stop the HRT or increase. Problem is the diazapam is also a key player here.

Diazapam is usually something temporary or taken on a bad day isnt it? I wonder if it may be worth trying to taper that before you try anything else.
Pages: [1] 2