Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: How to stop this anxiety all time  (Read 1103 times)

Booroo

How to stop this anxiety all time
« on: November 03, 2022, 07:02:10 PM »

Diagnosed pre diabetes yesterday so being better with food however anxiety is through roof I can’t stop it anybideas

jaypo

Re: How to stop this anxiety all time
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 07:51:46 PM »

Have you tried CBD gummies? I take them for anxiety and so far so good

Booroo

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022, 08:28:44 PM »

No I haven’t

Epona52

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2022, 08:43:42 PM »

Hi,
Please be careful with cbd if your on other medication, but if not no harm in trying
 :)

shoppingqueen

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2022, 08:54:43 PM »

Hi
I have every sympathy as I’m currently struggling with severe anxiety and panic attacks. Well, i have done a fair amount of research as I came off antidepressants and have no intention of having to go back on them.
I’ve started L-Theanine 250mg per day and early days, but they are working for me. I had a ‘situation’ today that would normally have thrown me into a spiral of panic,but I didn’t get one single palpitation, rising panic, catastrophising or any spiralling. Not one iota. It could be other things, who knows! But I haven’t introduced anything else so I’m keeping hopeful.
I’m not ‘pushing’ any supplement as I’ve no medical training but after several months feeling out of control of my emotions I’m ready to try anything, within reason.
Have a read up xx do hope you find something as it really is quite horrible and debilitating. I also believe Ashwanga (spelling?) is good but I’m trying one thing at a time.

shoppingqueen

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2022, 09:13:33 PM »

Ps it’s an amino acid and meant to help sleep.
I do know someone who’s son has them and have helped his ADHD. It was recommended by his doctor to trial. Everyone is different though but could be worth looking into, getting advice from GP etc if there are other medications you need to take.
Fingers crossed you find the right thing to help! I’ve done ADs- made me sedated then anxiety so much worse coming off them, along with rebound insomnia. I do have emergency Diazapam but it has to be bad for me to reach for those.
Magnesium is also good. My anxiety has become life impacting so I was very anti ‘supplements’ and felt I needed something more radical. But I have now sought counselling and listen to Calming Anxiety apps as a back up. The Martin Hewlett I like as it acts as self hypnosis a guided meditation. I felt I was too far gone for these things (if you are so anxious it’s hard to come down) but I’ve forced myself to do one each day with my headphones on- morning is best for me when my cortisol/ anxiety kicks in, and they are only a few minutes each. But the L-Theanine I first took when I’d started to feel that overwhelming anxiety coming and within 30mins to an hour it had melted away. I couldn’t believe it.
I’ll keep you posted x really hoping it continues

Booroo

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2022, 09:32:33 PM »

Ps it’s an amino acid and meant to help sleep.
I do know someone who’s son has them and have helped his ADHD. It was recommended by his doctor to trial. Everyone is different though but could be worth looking into, getting advice from GP etc if there are other medications you need to take.
Fingers crossed you find the right thing to help! I’ve done ADs- made me sedated then anxiety so much worse coming off them, along with rebound insomnia. I do have emergency Diazapam but it has to be bad for me to reach for those.
Magnesium is also good. My anxiety has become life impacting so I was very anti ‘supplements’ and felt I needed something more radical. But I have now sought counselling and listen to Calming Anxiety apps as a back up. The Martin Hewlett I like as it acts as self hypnosis a guided meditation. I felt I was too far gone for these things (if you are so anxious it’s hard to come down) but I’ve forced myself to do one each day with my headphones on- morning is best for me when my cortisol/ anxiety kicks in, and they are only a few minutes each. But the L-Theanine I first took when I’d started to feel that overwhelming anxiety coming and within 30mins to an hour it had melted away. I couldn’t believe it.
I’ll keep you posted x really hoping it continues
please do x and thanks all

jaypo

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2022, 08:16:19 AM »

I've tried several anti anxiety meds,all have made me either sick or made my symptoms worse but tbh you should really speak to you Dr as these meds can help

Nik2502

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2022, 08:25:29 AM »

Hi

I’m trying ashwaganda high dose. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Also propranolol from your doctor will help - it’s a beta blocker

Nik xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2022, 08:52:25 AM »

Anxiety ruined parts of my Life  :'( :-\

In the 1990s I used 'valium' - initially prescribed 10mg 3 times a day followed by 5mg as necessary.  I would take 5mg the night B4 an event that I was unable to avoid.  Worked well for years.  In 2002 my GP gave me Propranolol - at first 80mg 3 times a day for 3 months, then 40mg once a day.  I dropped it to 20mg then stopped in March 2020.  I have an emergency drug to take if anxiety floors me, it either knocks me out so that I wake rested or enables me.

Bachs rescue remedy may help. I have tried relaxation, walking, swimming ........ but when anxious I can't do those exercises anyway.

:foryou: