Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Reducing oestrogel - what to expect…?  (Read 1233 times)

Blue Kingfisher

Reducing oestrogel - what to expect…?
« on: October 31, 2022, 07:39:47 PM »

I’m wondering now….what is normal/to be expected when reducing oestrogel in terms of symptoms. I’m on 4 pumps and my latest oestrogen measured 411. I often feel a bit worse after applying it and want to try gradually reducing it to see if it’s actually the oestrogel causing the symptoms. It’s hard to explain the feeling I get…but something just feels too much.

I tried reducing the oestrogel by half a pump (2 pumps am, 1.5 pumps pm) and my insomnia was much worse. I know this sounds like a stupid question but is that to be expected? If you want to reduce your oestrogen, are symptoms like this to be expected immediately and the only way forward is to ride things out? I.e. keep on the lowered dose as the expectation is that your body will acclimatise to the reduced dose and the symptoms will subside? Or, does it mean I probably shouldn’t reduce the oestrogel in the first place as a half pump reduction shouldn’t immediately cause worsened insomnia….indicating I really needed the higher dose.

Just trying to understand if it’s expected to go through low oestrogen type symptoms when we gradually reduce but they should subside in time…..

???

Gnatty

Re: Reducing oestrogel - what to expect…?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 07:47:44 PM »

Why don't you try 3 pumps in the morning and one pump at night? That might suit you better. Too much at night time can be stimulating. 411 is not particularly high so I wouldn't be worried about levels. Also... just check that feeling a bit worse in the morning isn't due to anything else, eg a nice cup of coffee! Often it's a trade off and we aren't going to attain perfection, but good enough is good enough...

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Re: Reducing oestrogel - what to expect…?
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2022, 10:31:15 AM »

Hi Blue Kingfisher
Can I ask how you are doing with the reduction in gel?
I feel the same as you in terms of feeling worse after application of the gel. I feel jittery, panicky etc and it’s not a nice feeling.
Think it’s time for me to drop down a pump at least.
Currently I do 3&2 and it’s feeling way too much.