Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Stopping HRT  (Read 527 times)

Twinmummi123

Stopping HRT
« on: November 04, 2022, 11:56:22 PM »

Hi all,

I just wanted to share my experience and see if anyone else related or has had similar.

I’m 47 and have been on HRT cycle (gel and prog tablets) for 2.5 years…it worked a treat when I started and I felt so much better, the brain fog, anxiety, hair loss, palpitations and hot flushes all stopped.

I have struggled with the 12 days of progesterone as it made me feel so low and sluggish, my Dr did say that after a couple of years I could go on a sequential way of taking it.

So, for the last few months I have been feeling terrible…heart palpitations, hot sweats, irritable and just really off. My Drs are really hard to get hold of, they don’t like to send me for bloods and the last lot I had they wouldn’t do one of the tests as I was on HRT…they just did the FHS (?) which was 68, but no idea what that means or if it’s even relevant.

I was due to start my progesterone last month (October) on the 21st and I decided not too, I also stopped my gel of course. Within 3 or 4 days I felt better…I’ve still had some flushes but not as bad as before I stopped…I feel better in the mornings, my palpitations have reduced and my heart rate has gone down. I’ve not bled yet (I hadn’t had a withdrawal bleed for a few months when I was taking it)

I’m going to see how I get on over the next few weeks, but has anyone else stopped and felt better? I really thought I’d be on it for ever, but it was getting harder and harder to stomach.