Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Brain fog madness  (Read 2837 times)

lisa06031510

Re: Brain fog madness
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2022, 07:12:19 PM »

Omg that sounds awful... Has your work place been good....

Honestly it's so frustrating.. I think I will contact my Dr and see if they can offer anything as this is one symptom that seems to be getting worse not better...

Taz2

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2022, 10:59:42 AM »

Hi I am in the UK yes. Oh my that all sounds so familiar. Having to look at the dishes and smell them to even remember what we all ate the night before, asking the same question about all be it small things over again and the worst is knowing I need to remember something but do not know what the 'thing' is. Too many times run a bath and forgotten and it is stone cold or boiled water for an egg and pan broken. I started setting alarms but then I just get an alarm to know I should be doing something - I have now got an app which is better - when I remember to use it. Weekly meal planning feels impossible when it was second nature prior. Gosh we really play down the impact of this hey? It is like I am a completely different person.

Hi G. Sorry you are suffering such severe brain fog. I just wondered whether you have had blood tests to check for any deficiencies? I felt very much like you when I had low folate and vitamin D. It's easy to blame everything on menopause and overlook something which may be easily treatable.

Taz x

lisa06031510

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2022, 10:41:47 AM »

So just an update... I took the kids away from half term and the brain fog was so bad.. just constantly repeating myself, which I know frustrates my kids .. luckily for me they are 19 and 12 so can understand better than if they were younger.
I've contacted the Dr this morning and have an appointment on Wednesday...just hoping they can help as I'm 39 and nearly 3 years into this menopause malarkey and I feel like I'm losing the plot!!!!

lisa06031510

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2022, 12:16:19 PM »

So I spoke to my Dr today and she said they they can't really help me and already doing more than they should by having me on over 100mg of HRT but will increase my HRT to 150mg and see if that helps... But suggested I go on menopause groups and Google things that may help....

I am currently on 125mg and will give the 150 a go just hate the first few weeks of upping my dose as always get side effects.. but will try anything
Pages: 1 2 [3]