Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: combined pill & peri  (Read 1102 times)

Spiderley13

combined pill & peri
« on: November 01, 2022, 09:08:49 PM »

Evening All,

Whilst I await my follow up call re possibly starting HRT I have been reading / researching posts and I’m a bit confused with regards the combined pill ( which I’m currently on albeit a low dose one ) I can see that some are prescribed this to help with symptoms and that as it’s a steady dose of hormones it should relieve symptoms , but I am experiencing many Perimenopause symptoms even though I am on the pill ?
I’m wondering whether HRT will be of any help if I’m experiencing symptoms even when hormones are supposedly kept level by the pill and wonder if it may make things worse ???

I also have a high FSH ,  tested whilst on the pill which i now know you shouldn’t necessarily do but this seems to be because the combined pill would lower FSH so give a normal result so in theory my FSH would be even higher without the pill ?? ( sorry if I’ve misunderstood this as there’s a lot of information to take in especially when your not at your best !! )

Just wondered if anyone else experienced symptoms whilst on the pill ? Any insights / advice would be most welcome !!

Thanks in Advance
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 09:19:10 PM by Spudley »

Flossieteacake

Re: combined pill & peri
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022, 02:38:31 PM »

Hello Spudley. I was on cerezette for 11 years and then noticed perimenopausal symptoms. I think for some people the pill can help balance hormones but for others it does not. (This is my opinion and I am no expert) I think HRT is worth a try as it is a different dose to the combined pill and you can tailor it to what your body needs.

For me, starting HRT helped with my lower mood, extreme itching, joint pain. Ovestin helped with the awful vaginal atrophy symptoms I had and had no idea of what vaginal atrophy was.

I am not sure if that is of any help as you mentioned the combined pill and not the mini pill but just thought I would share in case it was helpful.

Spiderley13

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2022, 05:51:49 PM »

Many thanks for your reply , I was on Noriday for years with no issues , then I developed Ovarian cysts and they said to try combined pill , which I did but the one I was on didn’t like me so changed to the one I’m currently on which  I’ve discovered is a a low oestrogen dose  , to be honest when I look back I have had symptoms for a couple of years but they have definitely got worse this last few months but whether that is due to the pill or peri I don’t know !!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2022, 06:35:21 PM »

Many thanks for your reply , I was on Noriday for years with no issues , then I developed Ovarian cysts and they said to try combined pill , which I did but the one I was on didn’t like me so changed to the one I’m currently on which  I’ve discovered is a a low oestrogen dose  , to be honest when I look back I have had symptoms for a couple of years but they have definitely got worse this last few months but whether that is due to the pill or peri I don’t know !!

That is interesting. The only way you would know if the pill is causing you any issues would be to stop it. Not ideal as periods will return and you may feel a bit unwell while your body is getting used to coming off.