Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Thickening of the womb lining  (Read 1540 times)

misskh

Thickening of the womb lining
« on: November 02, 2022, 05:44:22 PM »

Today I had a US pelvis (TAS & TVS) scan.
Results have come back and it's shows there's thickening of the womb lining.
Reason for scan was because I had some light bleeding this August and again October.
I've been using Vagifem x 2 which I'd been advised to stop using until the scan and now advised to stop until further notice.

Dr said there was nothing to be overly concerned about but has referred me to see a gynecologist and I just wondered if anyone here has been through the same thing...

My last real period was years ago, pre going on the depo contraception injections but I've not had one since coming off of depo 20 years ago so can't tell when I actually started the menopause due to this.

Despite Dr saying not overly concerned the back of my mind comes to the forefront and I'm slightly worried.

applejack

Re: Thickening of the womb lining
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2022, 06:00:23 PM »

Hi Misskh

try not to worry, I've been through this several times (and am going through it again).

They're doing precisely the right thing. The gynae may refer you for a biopsy but try not to worry about that, it's just standard procedure.

I assume you're not on HRT other than the vagifem? HRT can cause thickening if the progesterone doesn't balance against the oestrogen properly (which is what keeps happening to me).

Completely get why you're worried, but they have to check you out and likely as not it'll be fine, but that doesn't make it any less stressful

misskh

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2022, 10:32:36 AM »

Thank you.

Hospital called and I've an appointment to see the gynecologist this week.
Just all seems to be happening so quick which I know is a good thing.

I'm not taking any other HRT, just using the Vagifem x 2 weekly and Estriol cream occasionally externally when feeling sore.
Have stopped on Dr's advices for now.

applejack

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 05:24:54 PM »

Yay - yes, they do try to put on you on a fast track appointment system for these things, which at least mean you'll get it all done quickly.

Fingers crossed for the appt!

misskh

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2022, 11:03:35 AM »

It has been very quick.
I had a biopsy on Wednesday (9th) and today had a hysteroscopy, nurse today did wonder why I had the biopsy.
The nurse today said the the lining look quite thick and fitting a mirena coil is part of the treatment for it.
She said I could make an appointment to have it done at a later date or she could do it there and then, I figured while I was already there I'd get it done and dusted.
Awful tummy pain despite taking ibuprofen and paracetamol before going.

Just got a await the results.
What a week, feeling a bit battered and brused to be honest.

applejack

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2022, 09:16:08 PM »

Ah you poor thing, that’s no fun but at least it’s done.

Hopefully that’s an end to it. Hope you get the results soon, the waiting is so stressful but sounds like they’ve been really thorough.