Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Heavy Head  (Read 765 times)

Diane0711

• First Flush
Heavy Head
« on: October 31, 2022, 01:06:11 PM »

Hi, This is my first time on the forum & I am hoping someone can help me with some advice? I was recently told that I was in the menopause after 3 years of wondering what was wrong with me!  I have been given Evorel Sequi patches & I am nearly 2 weeks in.  I have had the most horrendous heavy head sensations for several months now. They come & go, but when they come on, they literally floor me, I feel unsteady on my feet, like my head is not on my shoulders, dizzy & just feel awful. I am unable to operate normal tasks & if they are really bad, I just have to lie down & sleep. Is this a normal side effect to the menopause? Does anyone have any advice on how best to manage these? I would be so grateful for any help or advice anyone could give me. Thank you.

Flossieteacake

Re: Heavy Head
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 01:37:20 PM »

Hello Diane and welcome to the forum. Those incidents sound really horrible for you. Did you talk to your GP about these and get any advice? It is good you have started HRT. I just wanted to let you know it would be a good idea to take something for vaginal atrophy too which is a menopause symptom that GPs are not really educated on.

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2022, 03:57:12 PM »

Hi Diane and welcome,there are so so many symptoms of menopause but of course we can't blame EVERYTHING on it,like Flossie says,tell your GP,hopefully someone at your practice is meno savvy.What you're experiencing is probably all meno related,the heavy head,dizziness etc,also anxiety can heighten during meno but please do speak to your Dr,get it sorted x

Diane0711

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2022, 06:43:45 PM »

Thank you so much for replying to me. I did mention this symptom to my GP & was prescribed medication for sinusitis! I then saw a GP who told me “Brain fog, but it could take up to 3 months for the HRT to kick in to help it” I’m afraid my GP’s are happy to pass the buck now I’ve seen a Gynaecologist, but it is Gynae via the NHS so I don’t have direct access to her.

In reply to Flossieteacake the Gynae has me on oestrogen pessaries, which are a help in my downstairs areas.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2022, 06:51:28 PM »

Oh I see. It is brain fog. Yes I get that despite HRT. It is horrid. It is better to be refered to a menopause clinic rather then gyno. I am not sure why they often suggest gynos.

It is good to hear you have the pessaries.