Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: PM Bleeding Hospital Blunders  (Read 715 times)

Noodlz

• First Flush
PM Bleeding Hospital Blunders
« on: November 08, 2022, 12:43:20 PM »

I'm 52 had some light bleeding x 2 days in August (last period was 14 months ago). Mentioned to my GP in passing as I hadn't realised how serious it can be. Referred on 2 week basis to PMBC. US showed endo thickening of 9.7mm. In office pipelle biopsy failed to get a sample so I was sent for urgent hysteroscopy D&C. 2 days later I haemorrhaged so bad I was in hospital. 3 weeks later day of Hysteroscopy surgeon said, it can be normal to still have periods at your age, we'll have a look and put in Mirena coil as requested ! I thought oh well I must still be having periods after all so I didn't question it. They took me to theatre, apparently I was in & out quickly(had GA). Back on the ward Dr came to see me said everything looked normal, mirena coil was in and will see me through to menopause, no follow up. No pathology had been taken. I was confused as it was starting to sound like things had got very mixed up ! Day after I reflected on it all & was very concerned. I was supposed to have a biopsy to rule our cancer not be treated for heavy periods ! Long story short I complained to PALS & things moved very quickly. Had urgent apt with Gynae consultant head of care who apologised for the mistake and agreed the op had been carried out under crossed wires. She took out the mirena coil there and then. She told me to contact her directly if any more issues. 2 days later I haemorrhaged again. She did not return my call.  They still can not rule out cancer to this day and I am way beyond the critical time for finding out. Now waiting for repeat US and for them to decide whats next. Btw mirena coil caused horrendous tinnitus which has not gone away. Been terrified since August. Just wondering if anyone else has similar issue or thoughts on this x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: PM Bleeding Hospital Blunders
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 12:48:42 PM »

There are more and more problems with medics not appearing to read the screens.  When notes were hand written/typed they would be easier to flick through. 

Where is your GP/Nurse Practitioner in all this?   I would ring the secretary to the Gynae Consultant, ask her to put your notes in front of her 'boss' and then get back to you. 

What 'critical time'?  Did U require another hospital admission with the continuing haemorrhaging? 

It's the feeling of not being listened to that bothers me the most ........ if you are bleeding thus then you need to be checked for aneamia.

Noodlz

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022, 01:04:03 PM »

I rang the secretaries for my consultant initially but they were very rude to me. It's been a catalogue of disasters. If I were to be diagnosed with cancer, by this stage I should have had a hysterectomy long ago, this was the critical timing. Time is getting on and without biopsies they can't rule it out. My GP is appalled but tbh I feel that nobody wants to implicate themselves. The surgeon had my paper notes in front of him but dropped them all on the floor, he never picked them up. You couldn't make it up !

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 01:20:08 PM »

That's not good enough. 

Have you contacted PALS again?  I found them helpful when I was trying to sort the wood from the trees: Mum was telling me 1 thing - which wasn't likely to have happened! - and PALS looked at the notes and told me not to worry ;-).  They also told the Staff about her types of behaviour.

Was a biopsy taken at the D&C under GA?

What has your GP suggested?  Appalled should mean that he/she pulls finger out and contacts the Consultant directly. 

Noodlz

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2022, 05:06:27 PM »

Repeating US next week. I'll update.. Thanks for your replies x