Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Should bleeding be investigated  (Read 1174 times)

Stella2

Should bleeding be investigated
« on: November 02, 2022, 01:27:18 PM »

I know there is lots of info about bleeding here but my health anxiety has fired up and I would be grateful for advice.
I posted this on other post but it might not be noticed.
Couple of days ago I started slightly bleeding, first time since I started HRT 10 months ago. My GP said not to worry and get in touch if it continues until my next HRT review. My Estrodot 75 prescription might be too high and that she will prescribe 50 for next batch. And here is the problem, I already contacted her to tell her about sore breasts and she said that was normal, but I started cutting a bit of a patch off without her recommendation.
 I am just a bit worried about advice I have been given. I know they are so busy but every time I contact I have to explain everything and it seems that they are unsure why they made a decision previous time.
I will cut patches to get to 50 slowly but is this common and nothing to worry about at this stage?  I am postmeno, 3 years without a period.

Flossieteacake

Re: Should bleeding be investigated
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022, 02:23:01 PM »

I am sorry you have this worry. For me, I get sore breasts a lot and especially when I change my patch. If I cut back on oestrogen then my other symptoms worsen so I carry on with the same dose.

I am unsure about the bleeding but I am sure somebody knowledgeable will post when they can.

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2022, 02:38:28 PM »

Hi how long have you been on the 75 patch ? x

Stella2

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2022, 03:37:34 PM »

Thank you Flossieteacake.

Dotty I have been on the patch for around 6 months, moved from 1mg Sandrena sachet. I have never taken a full patch, i always cut a bit, both rounded edges.

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2022, 03:56:32 PM »

Bleeding should settle after 6 months of starting a new hrt. After this any bleeding should be investigated although it’s unlikely to be anything sinister.

If you’ve changed doses then this can be the cause of bleeding . x

Stella2

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2022, 04:03:51 PM »

Thank you, that's what I thought too, but my GP doesn't seem to think so.