Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Changing from Oestrogel to ??  (Read 892 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Changing from Oestrogel to ??
« on: October 22, 2022, 07:16:55 PM »

Hi Everyone
It’s been a very long time since I posted. Had been doing amazingly on 17B Oestrogel until earlier this year.
My blood tests also showed this and I’d decided to drop from 3 am pumps and 3 pm pumps to 3 + 2! Then the shortages hit, so I had to switch to Lenzetto. Originally was advised to take 1 pump per day, as you would expect this wasn’t good for me. Managed to convince my GP nurse that I needed more and then moved to 3 + 1 sprays each day. Wasn’t sure if this was quite right but expected to be able to tweak dose!
Then Lenzetto went out of stock!
Then got sent gel with yellow square used that and my blood tests went from 750 to 200!!! Actually thought I could get by by increasing yellow gel, which worked until I’ve then been sent the green square gel, to absolutely feel awful again!
I appreciate this doesn’t affect everyone but I have no faith anymore in the Besins brand!
So now I need to swap again, I’d love to try Sandrena but tried it recently for a week but feel very groggy and fatigued but maybe 1mg was too low!
I’m 51 now, no idea where I am menopause wise as had hysterectomy a few years ago but kept ovaries!
Help ladies - give me positive swaps please xx

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Re: Changing from Oestrogel to ??
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 02:44:47 PM »

Hi Mollydolly

Thank you for your reply.  I did used to have patches years ago. Did will on them whilst they were estradot but when they were unavailable once, I was prescribed huge ones, can’t remember the name!! which either I sweated off and fell off.

I agree with you about the hit from the gel, do you feel a hit when you apply the patch?

Hannah2

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2022, 07:16:15 AM »

Were you ok on lenzetto? I wasn’t absorbing from patches so tried lenzetto and find it amazing compared to patches.  I take 3+1.  I haven’t had any issues getting it on repeat since august.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2022, 11:52:59 AM »

Hi Hannah

What patch size where you on when you switched to Lenzetto?

I didn’t get the chance to settle on Lenzetto because it went out of stock so could give it another try.

To be honest I’ve now lost all faith in the Besins gel after this years changes.

Hannah2

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2022, 05:55:22 PM »

Hi Hannah

What patch size where you on when you switched to Lenzetto?

I didn’t get the chance to settle on Lenzetto because it went out of stock so could give it another try.

To be honest I’ve now lost all faith in the Besins gel after this years changes.
Hi, I was on 75mg for over 3 years! I then discovered my levels were too low so I tried the 100mg patch for 4 weeks before my levels were checked again and they had still not gone up.  I was prescribed 4 sprays lenzetto a day.  I do 3 in the morning and 1 at night. My levels increased.  I have been on it for 3 months now and due to have blood test again on Tuesday so fingers crossed they have gone up again!