Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hi I’m new here  (Read 975 times)

Maree2022

• First Flush
Hi I’m new here
« on: October 28, 2022, 12:28:37 PM »

Hi after finally taking the decision to start HRT a few months ago I first started the gel, but made no difference whatsoever even on the maximum dose. I was then started on patches and again nothing. I’m not even getting any side effects. The patch I’m on is Estradot 75 strength and my GP said I could go up to 100 but you are more at risk of cancer. My question is has anyone else had the same problem in the body not absorbing the gel and patches. My GP has said to give it another 4 weeks to see how it goes. She said I could have HRT in tablet form. I’m a bit worried about starting the tablets as I thought the gel and patches were safer.  Is anyone else on the tablets please.

When I started HRT I was expecting to feel so different as you hear many women saying it’s changed their lives.

Many thanks for reading and your help.

Flossieteacake

Re: Hi I’m new here
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 01:55:58 PM »

Hello Maree and welcome to the forum. Do you have your womb? If so, are you taking any progesterone as this is needed to protect your womb. If you need to go up to 100 then I would do that as the progesterone will protect your womb lining. Some members on here are on 100 oestrogen.

I too have heard women say being on HRT changed their lives and has taken away all menopause symptoms. From being on this forum I have found so many more of us do not have this wonderful experience. I believe HRT can help with symptoms but it is not going to totally take away everything menopausal.

Usually a dose of oestrogen is not increased for at least 6 weeks so I wonder if you have been given enough time for anything to actually happen. What are the menopausal symptoms you are having difficulties with? This may help members with giving you suggestions.

Flossieteacake

Re: Hi I’m new here
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 03:33:07 PM »

Hello

I am another newbie to this site but not to HRT so I am just finding my way around.
I have been on HRT since I was 47.  I am now 53. 
May I ask if anyone knows if its common to feel like you might need a lower dose of HRT the older we get.  I used to be on a 100 patch but that became too high.  I have gone down to a 75 but I still think its too much.

Hello Mollydolly and welcome to the forum. You may like to start your own thread were you will get more replies.  :)