Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Return of symptoms and questions please?  (Read 947 times)

Dandelion

Return of symptoms and questions please?
« on: October 27, 2022, 07:03:46 PM »

Hello
I am 56 and started peri at 42, I didn't realise it was peri as I was so young.
I went on HRT at 47, starting with 25mcg oestrogen, then 50, then 75, none of these got rid of IBS and flushes.
Drs wanted to do a colonoscopy but when I moved to 100mcg, the symptoms all went away within a day of putting on the patches.

I had to gradually reduce under doctors supervision due to bleeds, but once I got down to 25mcg, only night sweats came back, so it was manageable.

I had IBS and other symptoms this year, and return of meno did not occur to me.
Without seeing my doctor, I have gradually gone up to 125mcg, - I know, loads.
I don't know if this is going to be enough as it literally took hours for my symptoms to go away once I was on 100mcg at age 48.

Why have symptoms come back?
Why do I need so much oestrogen?
If oestrogen blood tests are unreliable, why do Drs use them?
Thanks

Nik2502

Re: Return of symptoms and questions please?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 07:25:27 AM »

Hi Dandelion

I’m 53 and currently struggling to get my HRT right.  I’ve recently increased from 100 to 125 oestrogen with limited success. Anxiety and crying are my worst symptoms.
My doctor thinks, some women, the older they get, need more oestrogen as their own hormones decrease. She says the blood test gives an indication of how well you’re absorbing the HRT.
It’s all a bit of a minefield though!

Nik xx

Dandelion

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 05:41:52 PM »

Hi Dandelion

I’m 53 and currently struggling to get my HRT right.  I’ve recently increased from 100 to 125 oestrogen with limited success. Anxiety and crying are my worst symptoms.
My doctor thinks, some women, the older they get, need more oestrogen as their own hormones decrease. She says the blood test gives an indication of how well you’re absorbing the HRT.
It’s all a bit of a minefield though!

Nik xx
How do you feel about increasing to 150mcg?
I thought I was coming through the end of it as I decreased down to 25mcg, and was wanting to come off, not need more.

Nik2502

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 06:08:40 PM »

Hi

I’d use 1000 oestrogen if I thought I’d feel better! In fact I’d show my bum in M&S windows if I thought I’d feel better 🤣

It’s all so much trial and error finding what’s best.

After Covid last year I decreased right down to 50 but my body seems to need much more now.

Nik xx

Dandelion

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2022, 06:10:32 PM »

Hi

I’d use 1000 oestrogen if I thought I’d feel better! In fact I’d show my bum in M&S windows if I thought I’d feel better 🤣

It’s all so much trial and error finding what’s best.

After Covid last year I decreased right down to 50 but my body seems to need much more now.

Nik xx
Do you mind me asking your age.

Nik2502

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2022, 08:24:18 AM »

Hi

I’m 52

Xxx

Dandelion

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2022, 11:27:55 AM »

Hi

I’m 52

Xxx
Thank you.
I am considering going up to 150mcg when I replace my patch tomorrow.
This is because, I still need a fan!
I do not understand why I would still get night sweats at 125mcg, it's a massive dose.
I don't know if my doctor will prescribe it on the NHS, as I used to bleed.
They wanted to do a colonoscopy this year, before I realised menopause symptoms could return.
I wondered if it was some weird thing related to my COVID from march, but I didn't get that bad a dose of COVID and had the runs before.
They wanted to do a colposcopy in 2014 when I was still having IBS at 75mcg, but the IBS went away when I was prescribed 100mcg.
It seems a waste doing such a procedure, when all that is needed is a higher dose patch.
I am still puzzled at why I need so much oestrogen, when I am supposed to be through the menopause, it started in 2009.