Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: How many had vertigo with HRT? Or in menopause alone?  (Read 910 times)

KaraShannon

How many had vertigo with HRT? Or in menopause alone?
« on: November 02, 2022, 11:30:28 PM »

Hi all

I'm just wondering about the vertigo and postural hypotension I've been getting.

I'm on Evorel Sequi, and as usual, once I'm on my second combined norehisterone patch, I start to improve.

But the last couple of estradiol patches really seem to coincide with vertigo, postural hypotension to the point of thinking I might pass out when standing up out of my car to walk into a shop.  (I'm absolutely fine when driving and seated and the doctor is aware).  I sometimes can get out of the car and walk about 6 - 7 steps to a shop before feeling dizzy or like I will pass out. 

I'm getting by but wonder how common a symptom is this and is it due to too much oestrogen?  Or too little?  Interested what you think.   :)

Alice

Re: How many had vertigo with HRT? Or in menopause alone?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 07:22:12 AM »

Yes, I get light headed when I stand up and very occasionally short spells of vertigo.
I've also mentioned it to my GP and had blood tests. She says my blood pressure is at the low end of normal and can't see any other reason for it. I've always been a bit prone to it.
It's never completely gone away on HRT, but the last year I was using patches, which don't work so well for me and I'd say it got worse. So my feeling is that it's worse with lower oestrogen, although I'm not sure if it's a direct effect.

VanillaLover

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022, 09:22:24 AM »

Yes I have found dizziness, vertigo, that lightheaded feeling when you get up definitely to do with peri/meno. I find it comes and goes. Really annoying and nasty.

VanillaLover

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2022, 09:24:17 AM »

Sorry should add that my blood pressure is not low or anything. I have no idea about whether it’s low or high oestrogen that’s doing it. My cycles are all over and I don’t know where I am in them any more! I would say better on HRT but I still get dizzy spells sometimes!