Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Share your experiences of the Evorel Conti Patch  (Read 3344 times)

MabelBabel

Share your experiences of the Evorel Conti Patch
« on: August 30, 2022, 11:47:14 AM »

Hello everyone,

I've finally gone onto Evorel 50 Conti patches. I first joined this site in 2016, having been experiencing peri symptoms for a year or so. Things were manageable up till July this year, when the lethargy/exhaustion,  flushes, joint and muscle pain become too much.
I'm only on my second patch and so far the only side effect is a dry mouth.
I'd love to know your experiences of this HRT and how long it was before you started to notice improvements and began feeling like your old self again?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 10:47:52 AM by MabelBabel »

flossie fiddler

Re: Your Experiences of the Evorel Conti Patch
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 05:07:04 PM »

I’ve been on it for a week now. It took about five hours for me to notice a difference. It was as if somebody had switched my brain back on, and I had the best night sleep ever last Tuesday night. All my joint pain, aches and inflammation disappeared overnight, and I had two minor flushes on day 2 but nothing since. My energy levels have been up there too. Been a cleaning demon this week. I’ve had a little bit of dry mouth, but as that’s one of my meno symptoms anyway, it’s less severe than it was, and I find it goes away if I’m drinking plenty of fluids.

I wasn’t surprised, as I was on Evorel Sequi from early 2013 to 2019 and the effect was the same. Hope you’re enjoying the effects.

MabelBabel

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 08:07:24 AM »

Thank you for replying Flossie, you're so lucky that so many symptoms have disappeared so quickly. Fingers crossed I won't be too far behind.

Amerififer

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2022, 04:34:31 AM »

Hiya MabelBabel,

I'm relatively new to the forum myself.. Started on Everol Conti patches back in June.. I must say I do feel better overall.. Sleeping a bit better.. moods more stable.. Forgetfulness seems better..well bar the other day when I left my keys in the front door.. EEEEKS..
I'd say it was probably at about 2 months before I noticed a change.. Everyone is different tho..
Welcome to the forum and ask away.. Great group in here.. :)

MabelBabel

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2022, 09:21:04 AM »

Thank you for sharing your experience Amerififer. It's so helpful to hear your experiences and that it took you a couple of months to notice improvement.
I was so hoping to feel like my old self within a few days and when that didn't happen I started to doubt whether it would work for me, silly, as I know we're meant to give it 3 months, but when you feel so rubbish it's easy to feel disheartened.
Thanks again for sharing, I shall keep on keeping on with them.

flossie fiddler

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2022, 10:17:54 AM »

A good plan to allow the 3 months. I’ve always had a very quick response to the HRT, and when my friend went on it, she was expecting the same response I got. I met her for lunch when she’d been on it around a month, and she was undecided about whether she wanted to stay on it. She still had all the symptoms, but one of the worst things was her acne rosacea, which hadn’t responded at all. I really expected that next time I saw her, she would tell me she was off it.

I saw her in passing last week and she looks amazing. Her skin is so clear it’s like porcelain, and she’s got so much energy, when at one time she seemed older than me (she’s 6 years younger). I happened to mention that I’d had a battle to get back on HRT, and her comment was that she’d kill anyone who took her HRT away. So after a slow start, she got her life back. She waited the 3 months, and it took almost that long to get the effects.

MabelBabel

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2022, 10:29:01 AM »

Thank you for sharing that story Flossie. I'm so glad your friend's HRT finally kicked in and she has so many positives from it.
I am definitely going to give it the full 3 months, whilst hoping it will kick in tomorrow!

MabelBabel

Re: Share your experiences of the Evorel Conti Patch
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2022, 10:17:27 AM »

I've now been on my patch for 2 weeks. 
I've discovered the best place for it is on the top of my bum, who knew hot flushes make even your thighs wet!
My flushes have gone from being very frequent and terribly hot, to a lot less often, though still several times a day and now they are wet, water suddenly seeps out of my skin, it's very unpleasant but I think it's progress!
I am getting some calf muscle pain, started the day I put the first patch on, which is pretty painful but seems to be improving now.
I am not exhausted every day and falling asleep for hours at a time, though I did doze off a little yesterday which was day 4 of my patch, so that might be why.
Brain is still foggy, but I think it's getting better.
Overall, I think this patch is working for me albeit slower and less life changing so far.
Fingers crossed I will be back to my old bouncy Tigger like self soon.

flossie fiddler

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2022, 08:51:37 AM »

Hopefully it’ll get better. Please keep us updated, and don’t forget that there are other options of HRT if you decide Conti isn’t helping as much as you hoped.

Julia Dizzy

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2022, 04:17:43 PM »

Hi MabelBabel, I've been on Evorel conti now for 2 months after previously being on gel first, then Estradot 50 patch and Utrogestan 100mg orally at night. Also Tostran gel twice a week. I also use Vagifem every other night.

I feel really spaced out and weird most of the time?! Jittery, heart thudding and really exhausted. I just feel unwell?  No improvements in anxiety, joint pain or tiredness. (Hot flushes are the only thing that HRT seems to help over the last 3 years I've been on it). I read on another thread one lady felt brilliant after 4 days!

Perhaps the progesterone in the patch doesn't suit?

I'm so fed up of trying different ones at age 66. I had an op for bowel cancer in July 2021 followed by chemo which finished last November....to be honest have not felt well since all of that even though I am now clear. I also got covid at the end of this July and that made me feel rough too! Been a real crap 18 months to say the least. I'm being monitored and get my bloods done regularly, all bloods were normal last March. Just waiting on results of another CT scan to make sure no recurrence of cancer, even though colonoscopy was clear this July.

I was hopeful for the Evorel as it's easier just to slap a patch on. I tried Femseven conti but the adhesive irritated my skin and had to stop. Erkk the trials and errors of HRT...it's a minefield!!

MabelBabel

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2022, 10:42:04 AM »

So sorry to hear you've been through such an awful time Julia. I hope that things start to improve for you asap. :)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 10:44:02 AM by MabelBabel »

MabelBabel

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2022, 10:47:23 AM »

I've now been on my patches for a little over 6 weeks and I can finally say with confidence that my flushes have gone. I am so pleased as they were truly awful and the main reason I began HRT.
I am still taking painkillers for joint pain, but since the weekend I have begun to cut back, so perhaps, just maybe, this might be the next thing to go.
Fingers crossed.

KaraShannon

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2022, 01:19:27 PM »

I’ve been on it for a week now. It took about five hours for me to notice a difference. It was as if somebody had switched my brain back on, and I had the best night sleep ever last Tuesday night. All my joint pain, aches and inflammation disappeared overnight, and I had two minor flushes on day 2 but nothing since. My energy levels have been up there too. Been a cleaning demon this week. I’ve had a little bit of dry mouth, but as that’s one of my meno symptoms anyway, it’s less severe than it was, and I find it goes away if I’m drinking plenty of fluids.

I wasn’t surprised, as I was on Evorel Sequi from early 2013 to 2019 and the effect was the same. Hope you’re enjoying the effects.

Flossie Fiddler, I want to feel like this again  ;D  I need to be a cleaning demon and need my energy back.  I'm currently on evorel sequi and felt good on it for the last couple of years.  Since I increased oestrogen I've not felt as good.  Still waiting to see the doctor about that (they said you could increase the oestrogen and then later I found out it's unlicensed for that).  I feel the best on the norehisterone patch, but usually when I'm just starting that phase.  So it's a puzzle.  It doesn't last, it's more just when I start the norehisterone and for two or three of those patches.  Then I seem to hit a lower point again.   :-\

Mabel Babel, hope you will feel better soon, glad to hear there's been an improvement  :)

MabelBabel

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2022, 09:45:58 AM »

I've been experiencing a return or my joint pain and muscle tension since the weekend, last night I got annoying lower back pain and then wouldn't you know it, woke up this morning to a full on heavy bleed. Really hoped this wasn't going to happen to me, but hey ho, it has. So back to feeling crampy, knackered and miserable.

Jude gubb

• First Flush
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2022, 07:16:51 AM »

I have been taking this patch for a month.
Yes I sleep better , I am not getting hot flushes. My sex drive has not improved, is this  too soon? I’m not sure?
I have very tender breasts! And joint pain that I never had before. I have asked for another months supply, as I feel I should give this a chance. Am I feeling happier? …I think so? But not sure? I seem to be dreaming a lot when I sleep.
 My symptoms before were , not able to sleep , hot flushes at night
, feeling like I’m not in control of my life, no sex drive and a very low depressed feeling. Could be that I am not in a happy relationship with my husband? As we’ve not had sex for quite some time! His problem not mine…and at the grand old age of 68, he’s decided that he fancies me again! Lol! But won’t take the pills that will help him …in that department! So why should I bother? Anyway enough of my private life, as that’s another story!
Anyone else getting what I get?