Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: utrogestan  (Read 1333 times)

discogirl

Re: utrogestan
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2022, 04:07:18 PM »

Hi Katherine,

That's so interesting, that one extra pump can make a difference.

I haven't tried the gel yet and in January is the patches aren't cutting it then I intend to try the gel.

So, since you used an extra pump this morning, does that mean you have to stay on that extra pump or can you go back to what you usually use?

Obviously with the patches you have to really stay on one dose, the gel seems a lot more 'user friendly' in the way you can use extra if you feel you need to xxx

Katherine

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2022, 04:26:54 PM »

I would highly recommend the gel discogirl. My gp told me its fine to adjust your dosage on any given day depending on what you need. I think the maximum no. of pumps is 4 in a day according to the bottle but I've never needed more than 3. So no, you can change your dosage intuitively. Only thing is with gel is it smells strong so when I put it on my arms I could smell it for ages so now I put it on my thighs and don't even notice it. xxx

discogirl

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2022, 05:14:40 PM »

Thing with me is, I'm post meno about 4 years and my hot flushes and night sweats have gone.

Does the gel help you with your sleep; with me its difficulty getting to sleep, which I think is anxiety driven xxx

Dotty

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2022, 05:41:58 PM »

The oestrogen in the gel and the patches is the same. It’s just a different way of getting the oestrogen into your body. Just give the patches time to work  :)

discogirl

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2022, 06:37:09 PM »

i will dotty

its just as i was on 37.5 i wouldnt have thought an extra 12.5mcg would have made that much difference. but maybe i just needed the full 50mcg patch

you've been so lovely today thank you xxxx

Katherine

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2022, 07:15:10 PM »

Even if the oestrogen in the patches and the gel is the same the good thing about oestrogel is that you can adjust your dosage on any given day easily. Also oestrogel covers a larger surface area of your skin so I think this may help absorption. It doesn’t help me with sleep, I find it energising so I take it in the morning, it’s the utrogestan that I find relaxing so I take that at night. I think everyone has their own preferences when it comes to HRT and it’s just a case of finding what works for you. X
Pages: 1 [2]