Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Utrogestan side effects - how long do they last after stopping?  (Read 1286 times)

Flossy

Utrogestan side effects - how long do they last after stopping?
« on: October 26, 2022, 01:43:10 PM »

Hello everyone

I started a week ago on Estradot patches and Utrogestan continuous regime. Progressively over the days I have felt more and more groggy, spaced out, achy, exhausted and almost unable to leave the sofa (usually, even when haven't slept well, I go out for a run or a cycle ride most days so it is really not like me at all) a bit like having a virus. I also have terrible brain fog - I thought I had brain fog before I started taking it but I realise now it was nothing! Today I listened to a voicemail on my phone and 5 minutes later I couldn't remember who it was from! I also had a headache for 24 hours but it has gone now.

Looking back now, the first day after I took it I went for a run and my legs felt heavy and I felt sluggish, my speed was slower than usual, so I think it had already had an effect then. I have tried both vaginally and orally. After 5 days of it getting worse I contacted my doctor and she said to stop the Utrogestan for a week. I have seen on this forum that these type of side effects aren't uncommon, and I just wondered if anyone could tell me how many days it might take after stopping it for the effects to wear off? I have things I need to be doing this week and seem to be spending most my time on the sofa doing Sudoku and feeling miserable!

Thank you in advance!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 01:46:22 PM by Flossy »

Flossieteacake

Re: Utrogestan side effects - how long do they last after stopping?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 05:10:04 PM »

I am sorry you are feeling so poorly, Flossy. I tried to look this up for you but could not find a definite answer. I should think it will be soon for you as you have not been on it for very long. I really hope it passes soon and you can take it easy in the meantime.

Flossy

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 05:19:35 PM »

Thank you Flossieteacake (my namesake!), that is very kind of you. The brain fog is infuriating - I forget what I am saying half way through a sentence! I know it is early days but I hoped hrt would make me feel more like my old self, not less ... :(

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2022, 05:31:16 PM »

Thank you Flossieteacake (my namesake!), that is very kind of you. The brain fog is infuriating - I forget what I am saying half way through a sentence! I know it is early days but I hoped hrt would make me feel more like my old self, not less ... :(

I noticed our similar names too. :)

Brain fog is very frustrating but so common for all of us on here. There is even a thread on here were members laugh at things their brain fog has made them do. I promise you that you are not alone having it.

Flossy

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 07:25:24 AM »

I've only had this brain fog since starting on the HRT though!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2022, 09:00:39 AM »

I've only had this brain fog since starting on the HRT though!

Oh really? That is different then. I suspect it is the ultrogestan as you may be fuzzy headed due to the sedating effect. Hopefully once it is out of your system you will be how you were before.

How are you feeling today?

Flossy

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2022, 09:21:11 AM »

Thank you Flossieteacake, feeling a bit better / more normal today. It did take my anxiety away a bit but still not worth it as I would go from being a very active person to someone who never leaves the sofa!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2022, 09:51:45 AM »

Thank you Flossieteacake, feeling a bit better / more normal today. It did take my anxiety away a bit but still not worth it as I would go from being a very active person to someone who never leaves the sofa!

I totally understand. I would be the same. I am so pleased to hear you are feeling a bit better today. :)

CrispyChick

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2022, 09:53:41 AM »

Hey, hope you find a prog that suits better.

I've taken 5 utrogestans. Just started a thread on experiences. I am getting side affects, but right now I can tolerate them. Interested to see if others find they acclimatise to them.

Good luck x

Flossy

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2022, 10:07:42 AM »

Thanks CrispyChick. I am glad to hear you can tolerate the Utrogestan, I can't if it is always like how it has been this week. As you say though it would be interesting to hear if these effects lessen over time. From the research I have done on this forum it doesn't look like they do on the whole.

CrispyChick

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2022, 10:12:15 AM »

Thanks flossy.

No. I couldn't tolerate it every day if it stays like this - I guess that's why I put the post up. I'm not unable to function, but I'm very woozy. I can rudevit out for a week or so... I guess that's what I'm looking to gather thoughts on. Xx

Flossy

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2022, 10:18:35 AM »

HI CrispyChick oh, yes I agree! I could tolerate them this one time but couldn't live with them long term, totally agree!! I will check out your post as seems we are in the same position. x

CrispyChick

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2022, 11:00:34 AM »

Yip... I've now resorted to lying around  ;D

Flossy

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2022, 11:17:19 AM »

CrispyChick - me too  :D. I stopped it yesterday and actually managed to leave the sofa today. I have got quite good at Suduko in the meantime tho  ;)

CrispyChick

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2022, 02:49:45 PM »

Oh my. I'm sooo woozy now.

What happened when u took it vaginally??? I might have to try that.

Pages: [1] 2