Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Evorel conti  (Read 498 times)

Pmj 28

Evorel conti
« on: October 26, 2022, 07:07:47 AM »

Hi ladies,  was on elleste duet 2mg for 4 years, but a lot of symptoms came back ,so doctors but me on evorel conti patches
Put first patch on the 13th  October started to bleed on the 16th then stopped on the 21st ,but got up this morning and have started to bleed again is this right or should I be on something else, I have used 4 patches and have 4 left,  Didn't know if I should ues the 4 left and see what happens, having alot of hot flushes and not sleeping well.
Thank you
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 07:11:07 AM by Pmj 28 »

Hurdity

Re: Evorel conti
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 07:42:34 AM »

Hi pmj

If you have not yet reached menopause then breakthrough bleeding is very likely on conti HRT. Also many women bleed for the first few months of conti HRT even when post-meno and you would need to wait to see if this settles after 6 months or so.

It depends where you were in menopause ( re natural periods and cycle length) when you started the Elleste Duet, and how old you are - as to whether you are near menopause and whether conti HRT is appropriate.

The other alternative is to go for Evorel sequi which is cyclical as the Elleste Duet and then your bleeds would be predictable? If they eventually become very light then you could do a trial of Evorel conti to see if the bleeds stop.

Yes carry on with the patches until you have got your prescription changed - if that's what you decide to do.

If the symptoms don't settle on the Evorel then you might be better off with a higher dose oestrgoen which would mean separate oestrogen and progestogen - and we can advise on the different types here.

Hurdity x

Pmj 28

Re: Evorel conti
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 07:54:39 AM »

Thank you ,Hurdity was peri when started elleste duet, I am now 53 , periods where light and lasted for 3 days before I went on hrt and they stayed the same when on hrt
So not sure where I am with the menopause.