Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Colon cancer  (Read 5574 times)

skkb

Re: Colon cancer
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2022, 01:31:52 PM »

It’s ok Lyncola…I’ve found it

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2022, 01:48:25 PM »

So ring the Dept and ask what the waiting list is and check if the referral has in fact, been sent!  A friend of mine waited 2 months to find on asking that the referral was still on the GPs desk  >:(.  R U able to take a cancellation appt., if so tell the Dept..  It means that the slot isn't wasted when someone cancels/fails to attend.

jaypo

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2022, 02:13:13 PM »

Hi,where abouts in the country are you skkb? I had a private colonoscopy done and I was nowhere near that,shop around for private healthcare. I went to a private hospital in Bath and was taken in two weeks. Just to reiterate what folks are saying,blood in poo,abnormal FIT test,got the all clear,internal haemorrhoid x

skkb

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2022, 01:43:52 PM »

No complaints with the NHS. I saw the doctor 2 weeks ago today, Tuesday, had blood tests on the Thursday, results back on the Monday and the same had received a telephone call from the hospital, they’d had a cancellation and could I come in the next day (which was only a week later) for an endoscopy……in actual fact it turned out to be a sigmoidoscopy which unfortunately couldn’t be completed as the enama hadn’t completely cleared the bowel…..was really disappointed but I was given an appointment for 9th November (tomorrow) to have the procedure in the evening after a day taking their “drinks” for total colonic irrigation!! Quiteanxious but haven’t had any further symptoms and blood results were normal. Be glad when it’d over

jaypo

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2022, 02:49:49 PM »

Good luck for tomorrow,I'm sure all will be ok  :)

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2022, 03:05:28 PM »

Preparation is often the most difficult part of the procedure.  Good Luck!

Ayesha

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2022, 05:11:34 PM »

Hi skkp

I had my colonoscopy today and had a wobble during because of my anxiety but sedation will help with this, and the procedure doesn't last too long.
you're not alone when it comes to being anxious, its normal and the staff are prepared for it.

You have now started your prep which is the worse part of the procedure but if you drink it all, yuk I know, it will give a lovely clear picture of your bowel.
Putting the mix in the fridge helps, I had mango flavour, but definitely better straight out of the fridge. Also drink lots of water in between as it's important not to become dehydrated.
Knickers with two panty liners on at all times, even in bed through the night, gives security!

Best of luck for tomorrow, X 

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2022, 05:24:31 PM »

How long B4 you get the results Ayesha?

skkb

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2022, 06:58:59 PM »

Thanks Ayesha, I also have mango but start my first drink at 6am then the second at 9am tomorrow……procedure is at 5pm….it’s going to be a fun day. I’ll see tomorrow if I want a sedative. Been drinking lots today….yes nervous

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2022, 07:09:50 PM »

:-\.  many of my smiles have disappeared  >:(

skkb

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2022, 08:10:16 PM »

I hope I have plenty of smiles by this time tomorrow……

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2022, 08:38:39 PM »

I was going to send you a smilie 'flowers'  ::)

jaypo

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2022, 08:18:58 AM »

It's horrible when a procedure is so late in the day  :(

Ayesha

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2022, 11:40:41 AM »

How long B4 you get the results Ayesha?
Mine was a recall from the Bowel Cancer Screening programme and they give you the results straight after the procedure.
They didn't find any problems but glad I did the test even if it plays havoc with your nerves!

skkb, I was thinking of you this morning as you started on the dreaded preparation but at least you get it over and done with in one day!

skkb

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2022, 12:48:39 PM »

Oh Ayesha thankyou, I started my prep at 6am and have been tied to the loo ever since, just hope it calms down to give me enough time to get to the hospital for 5pm, that’s my concern, otherwise this prep regime IS JUST AWFUL!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3